Mar 9, 2010, 12:51 PM EDT
It wasn’t much of a fight, certainly not by Baylor women’s basketball standards. But the NBA does not tolerate it. At all.
The league has announced that Channing Frye and Danny Granger have each been suspended for one game for their March 6 altercation. Officially Frye was suspended for throwing a punch at Granger (that missed) and Granger was suspended for fighting back.
Earl Watson was fined $30,000, Roy Hibbert and Jason Richardson $25,000 each for their roles in the incident. Granger will miss the Pacers game against the Sixers tonight. Frye will serve his suspension when the Suns take on the Lakers Friday night, getting him out of being pushed around by Gasol and Bynum.
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 1
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 1
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 5
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 13
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 9
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 22
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43