Mar 9, 2010, 12:51 PM EDT
It wasn’t much of a fight, certainly not by Baylor women’s basketball standards. But the NBA does not tolerate it. At all.
The league has announced that Channing Frye and Danny Granger have each been suspended for one game for their March 6 altercation. Officially Frye was suspended for throwing a punch at Granger (that missed) and Granger was suspended for fighting back.
Earl Watson was fined $30,000, Roy Hibbert and Jason Richardson $25,000 each for their roles in the incident. Granger will miss the Pacers game against the Sixers tonight. Frye will serve his suspension when the Suns take on the Lakers Friday night, getting him out of being pushed around by Gasol and Bynum.
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 2
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winers start with Lakers 22
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10