Mar 9, 2010, 12:14 PM EDT
The Suns and Mavericks are going to play a little street ball. A little outdoor basketball.
The Mavericks have agreed to be part of the annual Phoenix outdoor preseason game at Indian Wells (where some guy named Roger Federer will be working this weekend). It’s an outdoor preseason basketball game known for being in a really nice facility, but with chilly temperatures.
The last couple of years, the game has been broadcast on TNT. If you wish for one thing for this game, wish for a windy day, like the stuff you and I have to deal with out on the playground. Deal with having to shoot your ball six inches to the left to adjust for the conditions, Dirk. Not so good now are you? Well, actually he probably is.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 6
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 11
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 6
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3