Mar 9, 2010, 6:26 PM EDT
NBA All-Star Carmelo Anthony, who played with Allen Iverson when they were both on the Denver Nuggets, spoke with FanHouse’s Chris Tomasson recently about Iverson’s current situation.
According to Tomasson, Anthony supports his former teammate, who he still keeps in touch with and calls a “close friend”:
“I don’t want to see nobody … go through what he’s going through,” said Anthony, who last spoke to Iverson when his family issues first surfaced last month. “I know he’s had his issues out there in Philly whether he was playing, whether he was hurt or whether he had to deal with family issues. Having to deal with family issues is one thing, but having to deal with all the other stuff that is going on … Nobody wants to deal with that stuff … I wish he could just deal with his family issues, and then that would be it.”
It’s never easy to see a friend going through a rough time, especially when it’s happening in public. Nobody is 100% sure what’s going on with Iverson right now, but it looks like he’s got at least one former teammate solidly in his corner.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 38
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18