Mar 9, 2010, 6:26 PM EDT
NBA All-Star Carmelo Anthony, who played with Allen Iverson when they were both on the Denver Nuggets, spoke with FanHouse’s Chris Tomasson recently about Iverson’s current situation.
According to Tomasson, Anthony supports his former teammate, who he still keeps in touch with and calls a “close friend”:
“I don’t want to see nobody … go through what he’s going through,” said Anthony, who last spoke to Iverson when his family issues first surfaced last month. “I know he’s had his issues out there in Philly whether he was playing, whether he was hurt or whether he had to deal with family issues. Having to deal with family issues is one thing, but having to deal with all the other stuff that is going on … Nobody wants to deal with that stuff … I wish he could just deal with his family issues, and then that would be it.”
It’s never easy to see a friend going through a rough time, especially when it’s happening in public. Nobody is 100% sure what’s going on with Iverson right now, but it looks like he’s got at least one former teammate solidly in his corner.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 83
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20