Mar 9, 2010, 6:26 PM EDT
NBA All-Star Carmelo Anthony, who played with Allen Iverson when they were both on the Denver Nuggets, spoke with FanHouse’s Chris Tomasson recently about Iverson’s current situation.
According to Tomasson, Anthony supports his former teammate, who he still keeps in touch with and calls a “close friend”:
“I don’t want to see nobody … go through what he’s going through,” said Anthony, who last spoke to Iverson when his family issues first surfaced last month. “I know he’s had his issues out there in Philly whether he was playing, whether he was hurt or whether he had to deal with family issues. Having to deal with family issues is one thing, but having to deal with all the other stuff that is going on … Nobody wants to deal with that stuff … I wish he could just deal with his family issues, and then that would be it.”
It’s never easy to see a friend going through a rough time, especially when it’s happening in public. Nobody is 100% sure what’s going on with Iverson right now, but it looks like he’s got at least one former teammate solidly in his corner.
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 15
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 4
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 32
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 21