Mar 9, 2010, 6:26 PM EDT
NBA All-Star Carmelo Anthony, who played with Allen Iverson when they were both on the Denver Nuggets, spoke with FanHouse’s Chris Tomasson recently about Iverson’s current situation.
According to Tomasson, Anthony supports his former teammate, who he still keeps in touch with and calls a “close friend”:
“I don’t want to see nobody … go through what he’s going through,” said Anthony, who last spoke to Iverson when his family issues first surfaced last month. “I know he’s had his issues out there in Philly whether he was playing, whether he was hurt or whether he had to deal with family issues. Having to deal with family issues is one thing, but having to deal with all the other stuff that is going on … Nobody wants to deal with that stuff … I wish he could just deal with his family issues, and then that would be it.”
It’s never easy to see a friend going through a rough time, especially when it’s happening in public. Nobody is 100% sure what’s going on with Iverson right now, but it looks like he’s got at least one former teammate solidly in his corner.
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 23
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 39
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 15
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 19
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 36
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 16
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 34