Mar 9, 2010, 6:26 PM EST
NBA All-Star Carmelo Anthony, who played with Allen Iverson when they were both on the Denver Nuggets, spoke with FanHouse’s Chris Tomasson recently about Iverson’s current situation.
According to Tomasson, Anthony supports his former teammate, who he still keeps in touch with and calls a “close friend”:
“I don’t want to see nobody … go through what he’s going through,” said Anthony, who last spoke to Iverson when his family issues first surfaced last month. “I know he’s had his issues out there in Philly whether he was playing, whether he was hurt or whether he had to deal with family issues. Having to deal with family issues is one thing, but having to deal with all the other stuff that is going on … Nobody wants to deal with that stuff … I wish he could just deal with his family issues, and then that would be it.”
It’s never easy to see a friend going through a rough time, especially when it’s happening in public. Nobody is 100% sure what’s going on with Iverson right now, but it looks like he’s got at least one former teammate solidly in his corner.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 4
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11