Mar 9, 2010, 8:13 AM EDT
We’ve chronicled the crumbling of Allen Iverson’s life plenty — the allegations of drinking and gambling, his wife filing for divorce, his very ill daughter he stayed home to be with, and how his once mighty NBA career had fallen.
Now, let the man have his say (as he did on his twitter account):
To my fans: You all know that my life isn’t perfect. I am going through some very tough times right now, like I am sure that we all do from time to time. However, I will stand tall like always with “rhino” thick skin. Even though I have become used to hearing people say things about me that aren’t true, it still hurts. I encourage you to continue your ongoing support and I want you to trust that this is another obstacle in my life that, with God’s help I will overcome. God Bless You All.
You can decide if that is enough for you. Know that for NBA GMs these words won’t matter, the only ones that will are sincere ones saying he’d be happy to come off the bench, not be a starter.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 10
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 28
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 38
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85