Mar 9, 2010, 8:13 AM EDT
We’ve chronicled the crumbling of Allen Iverson’s life plenty — the allegations of drinking and gambling, his wife filing for divorce, his very ill daughter he stayed home to be with, and how his once mighty NBA career had fallen.
Now, let the man have his say (as he did on his twitter account):
To my fans: You all know that my life isn’t perfect. I am going through some very tough times right now, like I am sure that we all do from time to time. However, I will stand tall like always with “rhino” thick skin. Even though I have become used to hearing people say things about me that aren’t true, it still hurts. I encourage you to continue your ongoing support and I want you to trust that this is another obstacle in my life that, with God’s help I will overcome. God Bless You All.
You can decide if that is enough for you. Know that for NBA GMs these words won’t matter, the only ones that will are sincere ones saying he’d be happy to come off the bench, not be a starter.
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 9
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 21
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 14
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 8
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 71
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 68
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14