Mar 9, 2010, 8:13 AM EDT
We’ve chronicled the crumbling of Allen Iverson’s life plenty — the allegations of drinking and gambling, his wife filing for divorce, his very ill daughter he stayed home to be with, and how his once mighty NBA career had fallen.
Now, let the man have his say (as he did on his twitter account):
To my fans: You all know that my life isn’t perfect. I am going through some very tough times right now, like I am sure that we all do from time to time. However, I will stand tall like always with “rhino” thick skin. Even though I have become used to hearing people say things about me that aren’t true, it still hurts. I encourage you to continue your ongoing support and I want you to trust that this is another obstacle in my life that, with God’s help I will overcome. God Bless You All.
You can decide if that is enough for you. Know that for NBA GMs these words won’t matter, the only ones that will are sincere ones saying he’d be happy to come off the bench, not be a starter.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 3
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 11
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 13
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36