Mar 8, 2010, 12:04 PM EDT
Swear to god this is true — the Nets have won three in a row on the road. Look it up.
That has been interspersed with a plethora of home losses, but the last three road games (Knicks, Celtics and Bobcats) have been wins. So there are high hopes as the team heads out of a four-game road trip starting tonight in Memphis and…
Yi Jianlian did not join the Nets on their flight to Tennessee Sunday and he will miss games against the Grizzlies, Mavericks, Thunder and Rockets this week because of the left ankle he sprained during Saturday night’s win over the Knicks.
Yi had three points on 1-for-4 shooting before the injury occurred, and he has already missed 24 games this season due to injury. Kris Humphries, who scored 10 points in Saturday’s win, will likely take Yi’s place in the lineup.
The Nets need just three more wins this season to move from all-time ignominy to just plain-old bad. It’s a worthy goal, one they seem more able to deal with on the road. I’m not sure anyone but the masochists — and there seem to be a disproportionate number of those in New Jersey — are rooting for them to fail. The nation wants them to get to 10 wins.
But apparently the Fates have other plans.
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 9
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 25
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 68
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 8
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36