Mar 8, 2010, 9:18 AM EDT
The Sacramento Kings are now Tyreke Evans’ team. Might as well have him do the coaching as well.
Sam Amick notes the beginning of the takeover.
Nocioni and Evans exchanged words during an official timeout midway through the fourth quarter, with the rookie taking exception with the veteran’s play. Nocioni – who took just two shots in eight minutes through three quarters – took four shots in a span of 2 minutes, 44 seconds. He missed three of the attempts, with his final shot at the 8:39 mark an errant three-pointer that led to a Westbrook layup and six-point Thunder lead.
“We were in the game, and you come down and take bad shots?” Evans said of the situation. “That’s not team basketball. Coach didn’t say nothing, so I thought I had to step up (and say something).”
I, for one, welcome our new overlord, Tyreke Evans.
Things I want to see in a rookie of the year: Great play, check. Taking over games for his team, check. Showing leadership despite being a rookie, we can now check that one off the list, too.
- Kevin Love and Flip Saunders hitting it off 1
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 3
- Spurs need overtime in Game 2 to beat Grizzlies, take a 2-0 series lead 1
- Cavaliers bask in another lottery victory 11
- For second time in three years Cavaliers win NBA draft lottery 36
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- Garcia's fried chicken jibe inappropriate, Tiger says
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- Play Video: Metta World Peace the weatherman
- Play Video: Eastern Conference finals preview
- Play Video: Heat gearing for another physical battle
- Play Video: Phil Jackson compares MJ and Kobe
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars