Mar 8, 2010, 12:53 PM EDT
Eddie Sefko isn’t so much with the “Mavs can do it!” camp regarding the Mavs overcoming the Lakers for top seed in the West.
All I can say is that they in no way should start getting a fast pulse over the prospects of catching the Lakers for the No. 1 seed in the Western Conference.
Forget about it.
Ain’t gonna happen.
Sefko goes on to point out that the three game lead for the Lakers is an almost guaranteed lock with 18 games remaining. Which is probably true. And that’s before you take a look at the schedule.
The Mavs close out the final month of the regular season with this murder’s row.
So if they topple the sub.500 teams, that still leaves them five big humps to get over. Meanwhile, here’s what LA’s looks like.
Not much easier, actually. but the fact remains the Mavericks would have to play flawlessly and get a bunch of breaks, including sweeping a three game road trip in middle April that’s going to look mighty tempting as a rest spot against lottery squads. Then again, with the way LA’s been playing lately, you have to wonder if they’ll show up for any before the third weekend in April finally rolls around.
- Game 6 was not Gregg Popovich’s best night 27
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 14
- ‘Devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize for Game 7 35
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 13
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 22
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (107)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Play Video: Duncan: 'Just a disappointing loss'
- Play Video: 'Best two words in sports: Game 7'
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6