Mar 8, 2010, 10:38 AM EDT
Rafer Alston remains in exile — whether you think of it as self-imposed or if the Heat put him out like Napoleon on Elba is a matter of perspective.
The only new thing we know is he feels fine.
Alston has had limited contact with close associates but has notified them his health is not in danger. He signed with Miami after he was released by New Jersey following a similar fall from starter to the inactive.
What is next for Alston remains unclear, although it almost certainly will not be in Miami. Unless he decides to retire there, as retirement seems the most likely next option for him.
At least until another team gets desperate enough to call and try to lure him out of exile.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 3
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29