Mar 8, 2010, 10:38 AM EDT
Rafer Alston remains in exile — whether you think of it as self-imposed or if the Heat put him out like Napoleon on Elba is a matter of perspective.
The only new thing we know is he feels fine.
Alston has had limited contact with close associates but has notified them his health is not in danger. He signed with Miami after he was released by New Jersey following a similar fall from starter to the inactive.
What is next for Alston remains unclear, although it almost certainly will not be in Miami. Unless he decides to retire there, as retirement seems the most likely next option for him.
At least until another team gets desperate enough to call and try to lure him out of exile.
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 2
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 9
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 2
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 14
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 7
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 70
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 65
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14