Mar 8, 2010, 10:38 AM EDT
Rafer Alston remains in exile — whether you think of it as self-imposed or if the Heat put him out like Napoleon on Elba is a matter of perspective.
The only new thing we know is he feels fine.
Alston has had limited contact with close associates but has notified them his health is not in danger. He signed with Miami after he was released by New Jersey following a similar fall from starter to the inactive.
What is next for Alston remains unclear, although it almost certainly will not be in Miami. Unless he decides to retire there, as retirement seems the most likely next option for him.
At least until another team gets desperate enough to call and try to lure him out of exile.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 62
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 13
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32