Mar 8, 2010, 10:38 AM EST
Rafer Alston remains in exile — whether you think of it as self-imposed or if the Heat put him out like Napoleon on Elba is a matter of perspective.
The only new thing we know is he feels fine.
Alston has had limited contact with close associates but has notified them his health is not in danger. He signed with Miami after he was released by New Jersey following a similar fall from starter to the inactive.
What is next for Alston remains unclear, although it almost certainly will not be in Miami. Unless he decides to retire there, as retirement seems the most likely next option for him.
At least until another team gets desperate enough to call and try to lure him out of exile.
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 0
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 0
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 5
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 5