Mar 8, 2010, 10:38 AM EDT
Rafer Alston remains in exile — whether you think of it as self-imposed or if the Heat put him out like Napoleon on Elba is a matter of perspective.
The only new thing we know is he feels fine.
Alston has had limited contact with close associates but has notified them his health is not in danger. He signed with Miami after he was released by New Jersey following a similar fall from starter to the inactive.
What is next for Alston remains unclear, although it almost certainly will not be in Miami. Unless he decides to retire there, as retirement seems the most likely next option for him.
At least until another team gets desperate enough to call and try to lure him out of exile.
- Paul George leaves USA Basketball Showcase with severe lower leg injury, remainder of scrimmage canceled 60
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 24
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89