Mar 8, 2010, 3:07 AM EDT
You know those flower-shaped rough stickers your grandmother has on the floor of her shower so she doesn’t slip and fall? You might get Joel Przybilla some.
Portland centers remain the most endangered species on the planet, proved again by the latest injury to Przybilla — who was already out for the season with an injury to that same knee.
Portland Trail Blazers center Joel Przybilla, already out for the season with a ruptured tendon in his right knee, re-injured the knee while slipping in the shower Saturday and will require surgery again this week, the team said.
The latest injury to Przybilla, who has a player option at $6 million for 2010-11, puts his availability at the start of the next season into question. The timetable for return from the original injury was six to eight months. (Blazers coach Nate) McMillan did not provide an estimate for when Przybilla would be available again.
This would be funny if it weren’t so not really funny. Portland picked up Marcus Camby at the trade deadline to provide some temporary depth for the rest of the season. Now they might have to think about signing him as a free agent to come back for one more year. That is, if he can stay healthy enough to do it.
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 1
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 1
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 14
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10