Mar 8, 2010, 1:39 PM EDT
The doctors have spoken: San Antonio’s Tony Parker does not need hand surgery. His post-basketball career as a hand model remains safe.
However, he is going to miss the next six weeks while the fourth metacarpal bone in his right hand heals, according to Mark Spears of Yahoo (via twitter). That bone, for the handful of you reading this who didn’t go to medical school, is the bone between the bottom knuckle on the finger and the hand.
That would have Parker back just as the playoffs were about to start. Right about when the Spurs will be expected to make a first-round exit, the way they have played this season.
In the meantime, Parker will have to spend more time at home with wife Eva Longoria-Parker. Rough life.
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 8
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 43
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 54
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16