Mar 8, 2010, 1:39 PM EDT
The doctors have spoken: San Antonio’s Tony Parker does not need hand surgery. His post-basketball career as a hand model remains safe.
However, he is going to miss the next six weeks while the fourth metacarpal bone in his right hand heals, according to Mark Spears of Yahoo (via twitter). That bone, for the handful of you reading this who didn’t go to medical school, is the bone between the bottom knuckle on the finger and the hand.
That would have Parker back just as the playoffs were about to start. Right about when the Spurs will be expected to make a first-round exit, the way they have played this season.
In the meantime, Parker will have to spend more time at home with wife Eva Longoria-Parker. Rough life.
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 2
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 3
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 27
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 30
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17