Mar 8, 2010, 1:39 PM EDT
The doctors have spoken: San Antonio’s Tony Parker does not need hand surgery. His post-basketball career as a hand model remains safe.
However, he is going to miss the next six weeks while the fourth metacarpal bone in his right hand heals, according to Mark Spears of Yahoo (via twitter). That bone, for the handful of you reading this who didn’t go to medical school, is the bone between the bottom knuckle on the finger and the hand.
That would have Parker back just as the playoffs were about to start. Right about when the Spurs will be expected to make a first-round exit, the way they have played this season.
In the meantime, Parker will have to spend more time at home with wife Eva Longoria-Parker. Rough life.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 19
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 27
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 51
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18