Mar 8, 2010, 1:39 PM EST
The doctors have spoken: San Antonio’s Tony Parker does not need hand surgery. His post-basketball career as a hand model remains safe.
However, he is going to miss the next six weeks while the fourth metacarpal bone in his right hand heals, according to Mark Spears of Yahoo (via twitter). That bone, for the handful of you reading this who didn’t go to medical school, is the bone between the bottom knuckle on the finger and the hand.
That would have Parker back just as the playoffs were about to start. Right about when the Spurs will be expected to make a first-round exit, the way they have played this season.
In the meantime, Parker will have to spend more time at home with wife Eva Longoria-Parker. Rough life.
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 0
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 4
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 22
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 22
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0