Mar 8, 2010, 1:39 PM EDT
The doctors have spoken: San Antonio’s Tony Parker does not need hand surgery. His post-basketball career as a hand model remains safe.
However, he is going to miss the next six weeks while the fourth metacarpal bone in his right hand heals, according to Mark Spears of Yahoo (via twitter). That bone, for the handful of you reading this who didn’t go to medical school, is the bone between the bottom knuckle on the finger and the hand.
That would have Parker back just as the playoffs were about to start. Right about when the Spurs will be expected to make a first-round exit, the way they have played this season.
In the meantime, Parker will have to spend more time at home with wife Eva Longoria-Parker. Rough life.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 78
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32