Mar 8, 2010, 6:02 PM EDT
UPDATE: 6:01 pm: All-World Cavs beat writer Brian Windhorst said it is official — LeBron will not play tonight. And for you next question, no you can’t get ticket refunds.
2:14 pm: They are calling it a game time decision, but it sounds like the decision was made a couple days ago — LeBron James will not be in uniform against the Spurs.
“If he fights me hard enough, maybe I’ll let him play,” Brown said. “But I think this is an opportune time for him to get some rest with the amount of days we have in between games.
James tweaked his right ankle two times in a game last week, and with an assortment of other bumps and bruises the Cavaliers are trying to get him a little time off before the grind of the playoffs starts. The Spurs have done something similar with Tim Duncan for years around this time, while the Lakers just sat Kobe Bryant for a period around the All-star game.
The problem is the Cavaliers have not won a game without James in three years (0-7). They can’t have him sit too long. Tonight, however, they get a Tony Parkerless Spurs team, so this may still be a close one.
- Kobe Bryant says elite players like LeBron, himself are underpaid. He’s right. 21
- It’s done: Kevin Love traded to Cavaliers, Andrew Wiggins headed to Minnesota in three-team deal 35
- Steve Nash called Kobe Bryant a “mother f****** a******” but in a good way 8
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 30
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 80
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16