Mar 8, 2010, 6:02 PM EDT
UPDATE: 6:01 pm: All-World Cavs beat writer Brian Windhorst said it is official — LeBron will not play tonight. And for you next question, no you can’t get ticket refunds.
2:14 pm: They are calling it a game time decision, but it sounds like the decision was made a couple days ago — LeBron James will not be in uniform against the Spurs.
“If he fights me hard enough, maybe I’ll let him play,” Brown said. “But I think this is an opportune time for him to get some rest with the amount of days we have in between games.
James tweaked his right ankle two times in a game last week, and with an assortment of other bumps and bruises the Cavaliers are trying to get him a little time off before the grind of the playoffs starts. The Spurs have done something similar with Tim Duncan for years around this time, while the Lakers just sat Kobe Bryant for a period around the All-star game.
The problem is the Cavaliers have not won a game without James in three years (0-7). They can’t have him sit too long. Tonight, however, they get a Tony Parkerless Spurs team, so this may still be a close one.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29