Mar 8, 2010, 6:02 PM EDT
UPDATE: 6:01 pm: All-World Cavs beat writer Brian Windhorst said it is official — LeBron will not play tonight. And for you next question, no you can’t get ticket refunds.
2:14 pm: They are calling it a game time decision, but it sounds like the decision was made a couple days ago — LeBron James will not be in uniform against the Spurs.
“If he fights me hard enough, maybe I’ll let him play,” Brown said. “But I think this is an opportune time for him to get some rest with the amount of days we have in between games.
James tweaked his right ankle two times in a game last week, and with an assortment of other bumps and bruises the Cavaliers are trying to get him a little time off before the grind of the playoffs starts. The Spurs have done something similar with Tim Duncan for years around this time, while the Lakers just sat Kobe Bryant for a period around the All-star game.
The problem is the Cavaliers have not won a game without James in three years (0-7). They can’t have him sit too long. Tonight, however, they get a Tony Parkerless Spurs team, so this may still be a close one.
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 1
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 50
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 15
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13