Mar 8, 2010, 6:02 PM EDT
UPDATE: 6:01 pm: All-World Cavs beat writer Brian Windhorst said it is official — LeBron will not play tonight. And for you next question, no you can’t get ticket refunds.
2:14 pm: They are calling it a game time decision, but it sounds like the decision was made a couple days ago — LeBron James will not be in uniform against the Spurs.
“If he fights me hard enough, maybe I’ll let him play,” Brown said. “But I think this is an opportune time for him to get some rest with the amount of days we have in between games.
James tweaked his right ankle two times in a game last week, and with an assortment of other bumps and bruises the Cavaliers are trying to get him a little time off before the grind of the playoffs starts. The Spurs have done something similar with Tim Duncan for years around this time, while the Lakers just sat Kobe Bryant for a period around the All-star game.
The problem is the Cavaliers have not won a game without James in three years (0-7). They can’t have him sit too long. Tonight, however, they get a Tony Parkerless Spurs team, so this may still be a close one.
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 20
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 21
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 27
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona