Mar 8, 2010, 6:02 PM EDT
UPDATE: 6:01 pm: All-World Cavs beat writer Brian Windhorst said it is official — LeBron will not play tonight. And for you next question, no you can’t get ticket refunds.
2:14 pm: They are calling it a game time decision, but it sounds like the decision was made a couple days ago — LeBron James will not be in uniform against the Spurs.
“If he fights me hard enough, maybe I’ll let him play,” Brown said. “But I think this is an opportune time for him to get some rest with the amount of days we have in between games.
James tweaked his right ankle two times in a game last week, and with an assortment of other bumps and bruises the Cavaliers are trying to get him a little time off before the grind of the playoffs starts. The Spurs have done something similar with Tim Duncan for years around this time, while the Lakers just sat Kobe Bryant for a period around the All-star game.
The problem is the Cavaliers have not won a game without James in three years (0-7). They can’t have him sit too long. Tonight, however, they get a Tony Parkerless Spurs team, so this may still be a close one.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 7
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10