Mar 8, 2010, 5:58 PM EST
After the hour-long workout at the Blazers’ practice facility, head coach Nate McMillan met with Morrison – the eccentric 6-8 sharpshooter – in his office where the two “talked for a little bit” about the upcoming draft.“He told me he wanted to pick me if I fell to that spot,” says Morrison, a reserve forward with the Los Angeles Lakers. “He said he’d draft me.”
Plenty of teams underestimated Roy coming into the draft. Boston gave up the rights to the pick that could have netted Roy for a package built around Sebastian Telfair, and Minnesota traded Roy for Randy Foye on draft day. It appears that the Blazers may have been another team that didn’t know just how good Roy was when he was a prospect.
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 0
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 18
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 16
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 28
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 42