Mar 8, 2010, 3:59 PM EDT
Let us all hope that the doctor who will operate on Andris Biedrins in the coming days has better form with a scalpel than Biedrins does on the free throw line.
According to the twitter account of Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News, Biedrins is going to have an operation to repair the sports hernia he suffered.
Usually that surgery has about an eight-week recovery time, meaning Biedrins is done for the season.
This injury kept him off the current road trip for Golden State. Not that Don Nelson cared; he has ripped into Biedrins and questioned his manhood this season. And while it may not be the most tactful way to fire up a guy, Nelson is not wrong that Biedrins has not come close to living up to his contract.
Now it looks like Biedrins will get a chance to rest and can start again next year proving his manhood to his coach. Or not.
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 10
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 23
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 25
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9