Mar 8, 2010, 3:59 PM EDT
Let us all hope that the doctor who will operate on Andris Biedrins in the coming days has better form with a scalpel than Biedrins does on the free throw line.
According to the twitter account of Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News, Biedrins is going to have an operation to repair the sports hernia he suffered.
Usually that surgery has about an eight-week recovery time, meaning Biedrins is done for the season.
This injury kept him off the current road trip for Golden State. Not that Don Nelson cared; he has ripped into Biedrins and questioned his manhood this season. And while it may not be the most tactful way to fire up a guy, Nelson is not wrong that Biedrins has not come close to living up to his contract.
Now it looks like Biedrins will get a chance to rest and can start again next year proving his manhood to his coach. Or not.
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 13
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 94
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 10
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 77
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 46
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 17
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17