Mar 8, 2010, 10:11 AM EDT
I may start rooting for a repeat Lakers/Magic NBA Finals, just so we can get more Matt Barnes and Kobe Bryant. That was the best part of Sunday’s game (unless you are a big Magic fan, then you might go with Barnes dagger three after Kobe sagged off him and the Magic getting some revenge with a win thing).
My favorite play came with just over eight minutes left in the third, after a free throw Matt Barnes goes to inbound the ball for the Magic and Kobe follows him over to guard the inbound pass.
Barnes then fakes a pass right at Kobe’s head, coming within a few inches of it. And Kobe doesn’t even flinch. It’s amazing. Watch the video. Then start hoping we get more of these two, because Kobe is right, Barnes is entertaining.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 79
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20