Mar 8, 2010, 10:11 AM EST
I may start rooting for a repeat Lakers/Magic NBA Finals, just so we can get more Matt Barnes and Kobe Bryant. That was the best part of Sunday’s game (unless you are a big Magic fan, then you might go with Barnes dagger three after Kobe sagged off him and the Magic getting some revenge with a win thing).
My favorite play came with just over eight minutes left in the third, after a free throw Matt Barnes goes to inbound the ball for the Magic and Kobe follows him over to guard the inbound pass.
Barnes then fakes a pass right at Kobe’s head, coming within a few inches of it. And Kobe doesn’t even flinch. It’s amazing. Watch the video. Then start hoping we get more of these two, because Kobe is right, Barnes is entertaining.
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 13
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 28
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5
- Report: Rockets ‘very confident’ they’ll land Josh Smith 19
- Report: Sixers want Andrei Kirilenko to report to team, prepare to play 16