Mar 8, 2010, 10:11 AM EDT
I may start rooting for a repeat Lakers/Magic NBA Finals, just so we can get more Matt Barnes and Kobe Bryant. That was the best part of Sunday’s game (unless you are a big Magic fan, then you might go with Barnes dagger three after Kobe sagged off him and the Magic getting some revenge with a win thing).
My favorite play came with just over eight minutes left in the third, after a free throw Matt Barnes goes to inbound the ball for the Magic and Kobe follows him over to guard the inbound pass.
Barnes then fakes a pass right at Kobe’s head, coming within a few inches of it. And Kobe doesn’t even flinch. It’s amazing. Watch the video. Then start hoping we get more of these two, because Kobe is right, Barnes is entertaining.
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 19
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 3
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 18
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 28
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 24
- Rajon Rondo leads Celtics to rout of Nets. How much does it mean? 10
- Bulls cruise to 24-point opening night win over Knicks 19
- Lakers’ rookie Julius Randle has surgery to repair fractured tibia, out for season 16