Mar 8, 2010, 10:11 AM EDT
I may start rooting for a repeat Lakers/Magic NBA Finals, just so we can get more Matt Barnes and Kobe Bryant. That was the best part of Sunday’s game (unless you are a big Magic fan, then you might go with Barnes dagger three after Kobe sagged off him and the Magic getting some revenge with a win thing).
My favorite play came with just over eight minutes left in the third, after a free throw Matt Barnes goes to inbound the ball for the Magic and Kobe follows him over to guard the inbound pass.
Barnes then fakes a pass right at Kobe’s head, coming within a few inches of it. And Kobe doesn’t even flinch. It’s amazing. Watch the video. Then start hoping we get more of these two, because Kobe is right, Barnes is entertaining.
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 4
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 19
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11