Mar 8, 2010, 10:11 AM EDT
I may start rooting for a repeat Lakers/Magic NBA Finals, just so we can get more Matt Barnes and Kobe Bryant. That was the best part of Sunday’s game (unless you are a big Magic fan, then you might go with Barnes dagger three after Kobe sagged off him and the Magic getting some revenge with a win thing).
My favorite play came with just over eight minutes left in the third, after a free throw Matt Barnes goes to inbound the ball for the Magic and Kobe follows him over to guard the inbound pass.
Barnes then fakes a pass right at Kobe’s head, coming within a few inches of it. And Kobe doesn’t even flinch. It’s amazing. Watch the video. Then start hoping we get more of these two, because Kobe is right, Barnes is entertaining.
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 0
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 6
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 3
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 21
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 10