Mar 7, 2010, 10:03 PM EDT
Nobody is quite sure what is wrong with Rodney Stuckey — just like Ray Allen’s jump shot, only a lot more serious.
Two days after Stuckey collapsed on the bench during a game and was rushed to an area hospital, he did not suit up in the Pistons overtime win against the Rockets. As it should be. Stuckey reportedly feels fine. Still, if he had suited up, I would have renamed this blog, “What the F— is Kuester Thinking?” and spent my days ridiculing him. Come to think of it, that might have been fun.
Stuckey will spend the next couple days undergoing more and more tests as doctors try to figure out what has twice left him dizzy and forced him to be helped off the court and to miss games, and once had him pass out. Nobody is quite sure what is going on or when he will be back.
“We’ll have a better feel in the next 48 hours, in regards to seeing him and evaluating what the doctor says,” said coach John Kuester. “But he’s on the right path.”
That right path needs to be taking all the time and doing whatever needs to be done to make sure he is right, and an incident like Friday night — or worse — doesn’t happen again.
- Report: With LeBron James heading to Cleveland, Kevin Love would commit to Cavaliers long term if traded there 17
- Report: Lakers finalizing trade for Rockets’ Jeremy Lin 35
- LeBron to Cleveland first domino, what’s next? Bosh to Rockets, and much more 55
- LeBron James in his own words on why he chose Cleveland 91
- LeBron James going home, to sign with Cleveland Cavaliers 240
- While waiting on Plan A to make up his mind, Lakers mulling Plan B options 25
- Report: Heat and Cavaliers expect decision before LeBron James leaves for Sunday’s World Cup final 61
- Reports: Carmelo Anthony unsure on Knicks, can’t get the Bulls out of his head 55