Mar 7, 2010, 10:03 PM EDT
Nobody is quite sure what is wrong with Rodney Stuckey — just like Ray Allen’s jump shot, only a lot more serious.
Two days after Stuckey collapsed on the bench during a game and was rushed to an area hospital, he did not suit up in the Pistons overtime win against the Rockets. As it should be. Stuckey reportedly feels fine. Still, if he had suited up, I would have renamed this blog, “What the F— is Kuester Thinking?” and spent my days ridiculing him. Come to think of it, that might have been fun.
Stuckey will spend the next couple days undergoing more and more tests as doctors try to figure out what has twice left him dizzy and forced him to be helped off the court and to miss games, and once had him pass out. Nobody is quite sure what is going on or when he will be back.
“We’ll have a better feel in the next 48 hours, in regards to seeing him and evaluating what the doctor says,” said coach John Kuester. “But he’s on the right path.”
That right path needs to be taking all the time and doing whatever needs to be done to make sure he is right, and an incident like Friday night — or worse — doesn’t happen again.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 2
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48