Mar 7, 2010, 10:03 PM EDT
Nobody is quite sure what is wrong with Rodney Stuckey — just like Ray Allen’s jump shot, only a lot more serious.
Two days after Stuckey collapsed on the bench during a game and was rushed to an area hospital, he did not suit up in the Pistons overtime win against the Rockets. As it should be. Stuckey reportedly feels fine. Still, if he had suited up, I would have renamed this blog, “What the F— is Kuester Thinking?” and spent my days ridiculing him. Come to think of it, that might have been fun.
Stuckey will spend the next couple days undergoing more and more tests as doctors try to figure out what has twice left him dizzy and forced him to be helped off the court and to miss games, and once had him pass out. Nobody is quite sure what is going on or when he will be back.
“We’ll have a better feel in the next 48 hours, in regards to seeing him and evaluating what the doctor says,” said coach John Kuester. “But he’s on the right path.”
That right path needs to be taking all the time and doing whatever needs to be done to make sure he is right, and an incident like Friday night — or worse — doesn’t happen again.
- Paul George tweets: “I’ll be ok and be back better than ever” 0
- Paul George leaves USA Basketball Showcase with severe lower leg injury, remainder of scrimmage canceled 74
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 24
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49