Mar 7, 2010, 10:03 PM EDT
Nobody is quite sure what is wrong with Rodney Stuckey — just like Ray Allen’s jump shot, only a lot more serious.
Two days after Stuckey collapsed on the bench during a game and was rushed to an area hospital, he did not suit up in the Pistons overtime win against the Rockets. As it should be. Stuckey reportedly feels fine. Still, if he had suited up, I would have renamed this blog, “What the F— is Kuester Thinking?” and spent my days ridiculing him. Come to think of it, that might have been fun.
Stuckey will spend the next couple days undergoing more and more tests as doctors try to figure out what has twice left him dizzy and forced him to be helped off the court and to miss games, and once had him pass out. Nobody is quite sure what is going on or when he will be back.
“We’ll have a better feel in the next 48 hours, in regards to seeing him and evaluating what the doctor says,” said coach John Kuester. “But he’s on the right path.”
That right path needs to be taking all the time and doing whatever needs to be done to make sure he is right, and an incident like Friday night — or worse — doesn’t happen again.
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 20
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 30
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26
- Thibodeau calls Team USA “perfect setting” for Derrick Rose to make return 6
- What four players left likely to get cut from Team USA roster? Things don’t look good for Andre Drummond. 19
- John Calipari says he was not close to going to Cleveland. LeBron or not. 12
- Report: Shawn Marion commits to play with Cavaliers, LeBron James 47