Mar 7, 2010, 12:18 PM EDT
Ron Artest has really outdone himself this time.
A man known for hair carvings as intense as his defense, has stepped it up for the Finals rematch Sunday. On Saturday afternoon he was fishing around on twitter for how to spell “defense” in Japanese and Hindi. Then he had those two things carved into his hair. That’s his twitter photo on the right of the work (enjoy the sneak peak).
Ron Artest’s defense has been very good lately, he is fantastic at not letting his man get the ball in a spot that makes him comfortable. Artest has lost weight, it’s made him quicker, but he is still plenty strong. In an NBA full of long, sinewy guys, Artest is built like a weakside linebacker. Even down to 250 (and he’s not all the way there yet) he is stronger than almost anyone in the league. And he uses that.
Vince Carter likely will get the defensive treatment from Artest in this one. Any way you spell it.
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 6
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 29
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 35