Mar 7, 2010, 12:18 PM EDT
Ron Artest has really outdone himself this time.
A man known for hair carvings as intense as his defense, has stepped it up for the Finals rematch Sunday. On Saturday afternoon he was fishing around on twitter for how to spell “defense” in Japanese and Hindi. Then he had those two things carved into his hair. That’s his twitter photo on the right of the work (enjoy the sneak peak).
Ron Artest’s defense has been very good lately, he is fantastic at not letting his man get the ball in a spot that makes him comfortable. Artest has lost weight, it’s made him quicker, but he is still plenty strong. In an NBA full of long, sinewy guys, Artest is built like a weakside linebacker. Even down to 250 (and he’s not all the way there yet) he is stronger than almost anyone in the league. And he uses that.
Vince Carter likely will get the defensive treatment from Artest in this one. Any way you spell it.
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 3
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 9
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15