Mar 7, 2010, 12:18 PM EDT
Ron Artest has really outdone himself this time.
A man known for hair carvings as intense as his defense, has stepped it up for the Finals rematch Sunday. On Saturday afternoon he was fishing around on twitter for how to spell “defense” in Japanese and Hindi. Then he had those two things carved into his hair. That’s his twitter photo on the right of the work (enjoy the sneak peak).
Ron Artest’s defense has been very good lately, he is fantastic at not letting his man get the ball in a spot that makes him comfortable. Artest has lost weight, it’s made him quicker, but he is still plenty strong. In an NBA full of long, sinewy guys, Artest is built like a weakside linebacker. Even down to 250 (and he’s not all the way there yet) he is stronger than almost anyone in the league. And he uses that.
Vince Carter likely will get the defensive treatment from Artest in this one. Any way you spell it.
- Report: Clippers just need owner’s approval to finalize Garnett, Rivers trade 6
- PBT Extra: Previewing Heat/Spurs NBA Finals Game 7 6
- Utah Jazz bring back Jerry Sloan as team consultant 6
- Celtics, Clippers restart Doc Rivers-Kevin Garnett trades talks at Chris Paul’s wish 14
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 43
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (80)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record