Mar 6, 2010, 10:56 PM EDT
It hasn’t been a great year for the San Antonio Spurs. They’ve struggled to integrate new players. lacked the defensive intensity that marked their previous championship contention, and their core veterans have struggled to remain healthy.
No one has more explicitly outlined those problems than Tony Parker, who has missed time with everything under the sun, except STDs and scurvy (probably due to the French cure of horse meat). Plantar fasciitis has demolished his jumper and an assortment of injuries have left him missing regular time. It’s about to get much more regular.
Parker suffered a fracture of his fourth metacarpal in his right hand against the Grizzlies tonight. Dude broke his freaking hand.
As 48 Minutes of Hell notes, Matt Bonner suffered a similar injury and only missed 15 games. But then, Bonner wasn’t shopping for a complete set of ailments to go on his insurance file (collect ’em all!). At some point, Parker may have to be shut down just to get him back to baseline.
There are less than 25 games left in the Spurs’ season, the ones they don’t care about. But if Parker can’t get himself whole again, their huge gamble this season may have been for naught.
At least he gets to go home to Eva to take care of him. I break my hand and I’m still taking out the trash and trying to type with one hand.
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 0
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 29
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 5
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 60
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2