Mar 6, 2010, 10:56 PM EDT
It hasn’t been a great year for the San Antonio Spurs. They’ve struggled to integrate new players. lacked the defensive intensity that marked their previous championship contention, and their core veterans have struggled to remain healthy.
No one has more explicitly outlined those problems than Tony Parker, who has missed time with everything under the sun, except STDs and scurvy (probably due to the French cure of horse meat). Plantar fasciitis has demolished his jumper and an assortment of injuries have left him missing regular time. It’s about to get much more regular.
Parker suffered a fracture of his fourth metacarpal in his right hand against the Grizzlies tonight. Dude broke his freaking hand.
As 48 Minutes of Hell notes, Matt Bonner suffered a similar injury and only missed 15 games. But then, Bonner wasn’t shopping for a complete set of ailments to go on his insurance file (collect ’em all!). At some point, Parker may have to be shut down just to get him back to baseline.
There are less than 25 games left in the Spurs’ season, the ones they don’t care about. But if Parker can’t get himself whole again, their huge gamble this season may have been for naught.
At least he gets to go home to Eva to take care of him. I break my hand and I’m still taking out the trash and trying to type with one hand.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 25
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 29
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4