Mar 6, 2010, 10:56 PM EDT
It hasn’t been a great year for the San Antonio Spurs. They’ve struggled to integrate new players. lacked the defensive intensity that marked their previous championship contention, and their core veterans have struggled to remain healthy.
No one has more explicitly outlined those problems than Tony Parker, who has missed time with everything under the sun, except STDs and scurvy (probably due to the French cure of horse meat). Plantar fasciitis has demolished his jumper and an assortment of injuries have left him missing regular time. It’s about to get much more regular.
Parker suffered a fracture of his fourth metacarpal in his right hand against the Grizzlies tonight. Dude broke his freaking hand.
As 48 Minutes of Hell notes, Matt Bonner suffered a similar injury and only missed 15 games. But then, Bonner wasn’t shopping for a complete set of ailments to go on his insurance file (collect ‘em all!). At some point, Parker may have to be shut down just to get him back to baseline.
There are less than 25 games left in the Spurs’ season, the ones they don’t care about. But if Parker can’t get himself whole again, their huge gamble this season may have been for naught.
At least he gets to go home to Eva to take care of him. I break my hand and I’m still taking out the trash and trying to type with one hand.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 4
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43