Mar 6, 2010, 10:03 AM EDT
Apparently, they have the Internet up in Canada. Who knew?
On Friday morning , Tracy McGrady talked about why he took the first chance he got to bolt out of Toronto a decade ago and why Chris Bosh may want to do the same this summer. Comments that were widely circulated on the Web.
“He’s been here for quite some time now,” McGrady said. “He personally has been successful. The team really hasn’t done that much. Maybe he wants to start off fresh with another franchise. Or maybe he’s doing it for tax reasons.
“I’m not speaking (for) Chris Bosh. I’m just saying, the individual that wants to move on . . . there are different reasons why a guy wouldn’t want to play (in Toronto).”
Friday night, McGrady was lustily booed by the Raptor fans when he had the ball. McGrady responded with a pedestrian 13 points on 5 of 13 shooting in the Knicks loss.
Bosh has been smart, not talking about the rumors he may decide to leave Toronto. That didn’t stop the New York media from speculating on why Bosh might want to leave a pretty mediocre roster in Toronto for a downright bad one in New York.
Bosh may be the most likely of the big three free agents this summer to move on, but the question is would he leave $30 million on the table? The Raptors have his Bird rights, they can offer one more year (six instead of five) and higher raises in the deal. All totaled, it’s about $30 million.
Toronto could do a sign and trade, but the Knicks and their depleted roster may not be the best partners for that.
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 1
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 50
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 14
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13