Mar 6, 2010, 8:34 PM EDT
LeBron James will not suit up tonight as the Cavaliers take on the Bucks, and he may sit out Monday’s game against the Spurs.
The official reason from the Cavaliers is to give James some rest, according to Brian Windhorst’s twitter account (being run by Mary Schmitt Boyer for the night).
James tweaked his right ankle twice last night but played through it and dropped 40 points and grabbed 13 rebounds against the Pistons. Afterwards he sat with his ankle in a tub of ice for an extended period of time.
But the Cavaliers are going NHL team in the playoffs, refusing to credit the actual cause of the injury for him sitting out. Apparently we are to believe this is Mike Brown’s decision, to just randomly rest his 25-year-old star player that everyone has paid to see. Right. I’d be more likely to believe LeBron was given the night off because he wanted to cook a nice pre-game meal for the assembled media.
The Cavs are six games clear in the Eastern Conference, their only race is with the Lakers for the best record overall in the NBA. And the Lakers have decided to take a mental vacation on this road trip. So LeBron picked a fortunate time to get injured, er, be given a night off to rest.
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 0
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 5
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 11
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 9
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 45
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 13
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 60