Mar 6, 2010, 8:34 PM EDT
LeBron James will not suit up tonight as the Cavaliers take on the Bucks, and he may sit out Monday’s game against the Spurs.
The official reason from the Cavaliers is to give James some rest, according to Brian Windhorst’s twitter account (being run by Mary Schmitt Boyer for the night).
James tweaked his right ankle twice last night but played through it and dropped 40 points and grabbed 13 rebounds against the Pistons. Afterwards he sat with his ankle in a tub of ice for an extended period of time.
But the Cavaliers are going NHL team in the playoffs, refusing to credit the actual cause of the injury for him sitting out. Apparently we are to believe this is Mike Brown’s decision, to just randomly rest his 25-year-old star player that everyone has paid to see. Right. I’d be more likely to believe LeBron was given the night off because he wanted to cook a nice pre-game meal for the assembled media.
The Cavs are six games clear in the Eastern Conference, their only race is with the Lakers for the best record overall in the NBA. And the Lakers have decided to take a mental vacation on this road trip. So LeBron picked a fortunate time to get injured, er, be given a night off to rest.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 6
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 39
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38