Mar 6, 2010, 8:34 PM EDT
LeBron James will not suit up tonight as the Cavaliers take on the Bucks, and he may sit out Monday’s game against the Spurs.
The official reason from the Cavaliers is to give James some rest, according to Brian Windhorst’s twitter account (being run by Mary Schmitt Boyer for the night).
James tweaked his right ankle twice last night but played through it and dropped 40 points and grabbed 13 rebounds against the Pistons. Afterwards he sat with his ankle in a tub of ice for an extended period of time.
But the Cavaliers are going NHL team in the playoffs, refusing to credit the actual cause of the injury for him sitting out. Apparently we are to believe this is Mike Brown’s decision, to just randomly rest his 25-year-old star player that everyone has paid to see. Right. I’d be more likely to believe LeBron was given the night off because he wanted to cook a nice pre-game meal for the assembled media.
The Cavs are six games clear in the Eastern Conference, their only race is with the Lakers for the best record overall in the NBA. And the Lakers have decided to take a mental vacation on this road trip. So LeBron picked a fortunate time to get injured, er, be given a night off to rest.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 19
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29