Mar 6, 2010, 10:19 AM EDT
UPDATE 3/6 10:11 am: After the game Friday night, Kenyon Martin questioned the report that there was a tear in his patella tendon, saying it was “a little more” than just tendonitis but that he didn’t know if it was torn. He had an MRI Thursday and the Nuggets will spend the weekend looking at their options.
3/5 10:19 pm: The already thin front line of the Denver Nuggets keeps getting thinner.
Kenyon Martin missed the Nuggets Friday night game against the Pacers and it was announced he has a partial tear of his left patella tendon, according to Mark Spears at Yahoo. A decision on how it will be treated will be made in the next 48 hours.
Rest, therapeutic injections and surgery are among the options that could be used to treat an injury commonly referred to as “jumper’s knee.”
The Nuggets publicly announced only that Martin is suffering from chronic left knee patella tendonitis. On Friday evening, the team listed his playing status as day-to-day.
Martin has a long history of knee problems, including microfracture surgery. Twice.
Denver’s entire front line is the walking wounded. Martin has been battling this knee pain for a couple of months, trying to play through it. Chris “Birdman” Anderson has been slowed with knee problems as well and has had to miss games, and been less active when he has been in.
This explains why Denver tried to be active at the trade deadline to find one more big body — especially since they will have to match up with the big Lakers front line in the playoffs. The Nuggets approached Big Z, but that was a futile effort as he was Cleveland bound all the time. Denver still has been talking to players such as Mikki Moore and Mark Blount to possibly take a one of their final two roster spots and give them some of the depth along the front line.
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 5
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 12
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 23
- LeBron James-Paul George matchup reaches awesome levels in Game 2 7
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 11
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins third straight pole in Monaco
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final