Mar 5, 2010, 9:49 AM EDT
As if Allen Iverson did not have enough problems, Stephen A. Smith of the Philadelphia Inquirer adds this one to the mix.
According to several NBA sources with knowledge of the situation, Iverson has been troubled by excessive drinking.
Smith puts that note in the middle of the laundry list of personal and professional issues Iverson is facing right now. That includes a sick daughter, a wife who filed for divorce and the possible end of his legendary basketball career.
As always with unsourced statements, take that note with as much salt as you feel appropriate.
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 8
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 30
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 83
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 54
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4