Mar 5, 2010, 9:49 AM EDT
As if Allen Iverson did not have enough problems, Stephen A. Smith of the Philadelphia Inquirer adds this one to the mix.
According to several NBA sources with knowledge of the situation, Iverson has been troubled by excessive drinking.
Smith puts that note in the middle of the laundry list of personal and professional issues Iverson is facing right now. That includes a sick daughter, a wife who filed for divorce and the possible end of his legendary basketball career.
As always with unsourced statements, take that note with as much salt as you feel appropriate.
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 7
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 13
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 20
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 34