Mar 5, 2010, 9:49 AM EDT
As if Allen Iverson did not have enough problems, Stephen A. Smith of the Philadelphia Inquirer adds this one to the mix.
According to several NBA sources with knowledge of the situation, Iverson has been troubled by excessive drinking.
Smith puts that note in the middle of the laundry list of personal and professional issues Iverson is facing right now. That includes a sick daughter, a wife who filed for divorce and the possible end of his legendary basketball career.
As always with unsourced statements, take that note with as much salt as you feel appropriate.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 82
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20