Mar 5, 2010, 9:49 AM EST
As if Allen Iverson did not have enough problems, Stephen A. Smith of the Philadelphia Inquirer adds this one to the mix.
According to several NBA sources with knowledge of the situation, Iverson has been troubled by excessive drinking.
Smith puts that note in the middle of the laundry list of personal and professional issues Iverson is facing right now. That includes a sick daughter, a wife who filed for divorce and the possible end of his legendary basketball career.
As always with unsourced statements, take that note with as much salt as you feel appropriate.
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 5
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 16
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 4
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 32
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 8
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (40)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)