Mar 5, 2010, 9:49 AM EDT
As if Allen Iverson did not have enough problems, Stephen A. Smith of the Philadelphia Inquirer adds this one to the mix.
According to several NBA sources with knowledge of the situation, Iverson has been troubled by excessive drinking.
Smith puts that note in the middle of the laundry list of personal and professional issues Iverson is facing right now. That includes a sick daughter, a wife who filed for divorce and the possible end of his legendary basketball career.
As always with unsourced statements, take that note with as much salt as you feel appropriate.
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 8
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 43
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 55
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 86
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13