Mar 5, 2010, 2:19 PM EDT
If there is nobility in the trying, in the unwillingness to relent in the face of constant setbacks, then Greg Oden is a noble man.
Like Sisyphus, he continues to push that boulder up the hill, while the rest of us take bets on when it will roll back down on him.
Greg Oden slowly jogged on an anti-gravity treadmill earlier this week as his Portland Trail Blazers teammates wrapped up a morning practice session…
“I’m all right, but it’s just tough,” Oden said. “I’m going through all this again. I’ve been through this before and I know I can come back from it, but it’s the fact that it happened again that’s making it tough.”
Microfracture surgery on the right knee. A displaced kneecap on the left knee. Two seasons lost and two major surgeries. Talk of a curse on him and the franchise. All the while Kevin Durant blossoms into the league’s next superstar.
Yet there is Oden, back on the treadmill. Pushing that rock up the hill. Personally, I can’t help but root for the guy. It’s a noble effort.
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 0
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 2
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers 6
- LeBron’s game-winning layup at the overtime buzzer gives Heat Game 1 win over Pacers (VIDEO) 13
- Report: Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, may need surgery 4
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games