Mar 5, 2010, 8:53 AM EDT
Well, this will solve all the Knicks problems.
Enigmatic big man Eddy Curry is close to suiting up for New York. It could be as soon as Saturday, as the big man wouldn’t mind a soft spot to get started and there are no softer spots than playing the Nets. Although, it could be a couple more games.
“I really don’t know,” said Curry, out since Dec. 17. “It’s really all about the next day and seeing how it feels and if I’m able to respond and go out there and put in extra work in the morning. Just kind of take it day by day. I’m real close and I don’t want anything crazy to happen.”
Mike D’Antoni said, “I think he needs a few more practices. It’s tough at this time of year just because we have three games the next four nights. But if he keeps coming on and there’s no setbacks, I would say sometime next week maybe.”
Curry has played in just seven games this season for the Knicks, battling foot and knee injuries the whole way. He played in just three games last season.
So the question of how well he would fit in Mike D’Antoni’s system remains pretty much unanswered (things haven’t been impressive in 10 games, but it’s just 10 scattered games). Since he is owed $11.2 million next season nobody is going to trade for him (maybe at next season’s trade deadline to clear cap space) these final games of the season would be a good time to see if there is any fit.
- Dwyane Wade grants wish, shows up at girl’s senior prom 2
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson 31
- Report: Vinny Del Negro to meet with Clippers’ owner Donald Sterling this weekend 3
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose 32
- George Hill injury jeopardizes Pacers’ identity 1
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay