Mar 5, 2010, 8:53 AM EST
Well, this will solve all the Knicks problems.
Enigmatic big man Eddy Curry is close to suiting up for New York. It could be as soon as Saturday, as the big man wouldn’t mind a soft spot to get started and there are no softer spots than playing the Nets. Although, it could be a couple more games.
“I really don’t know,” said Curry, out since Dec. 17. “It’s really all about the next day and seeing how it feels and if I’m able to respond and go out there and put in extra work in the morning. Just kind of take it day by day. I’m real close and I don’t want anything crazy to happen.”
Mike D’Antoni said, “I think he needs a few more practices. It’s tough at this time of year just because we have three games the next four nights. But if he keeps coming on and there’s no setbacks, I would say sometime next week maybe.”
Curry has played in just seven games this season for the Knicks, battling foot and knee injuries the whole way. He played in just three games last season.
So the question of how well he would fit in Mike D’Antoni’s system remains pretty much unanswered (things haven’t been impressive in 10 games, but it’s just 10 scattered games). Since he is owed $11.2 million next season nobody is going to trade for him (maybe at next season’s trade deadline to clear cap space) these final games of the season would be a good time to see if there is any fit.
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 3
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 1
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 5
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 25
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 24
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)