Mar 5, 2010, 8:53 AM EDT
Well, this will solve all the Knicks problems.
Enigmatic big man Eddy Curry is close to suiting up for New York. It could be as soon as Saturday, as the big man wouldn’t mind a soft spot to get started and there are no softer spots than playing the Nets. Although, it could be a couple more games.
“I really don’t know,” said Curry, out since Dec. 17. “It’s really all about the next day and seeing how it feels and if I’m able to respond and go out there and put in extra work in the morning. Just kind of take it day by day. I’m real close and I don’t want anything crazy to happen.”
Mike D’Antoni said, “I think he needs a few more practices. It’s tough at this time of year just because we have three games the next four nights. But if he keeps coming on and there’s no setbacks, I would say sometime next week maybe.”
Curry has played in just seven games this season for the Knicks, battling foot and knee injuries the whole way. He played in just three games last season.
So the question of how well he would fit in Mike D’Antoni’s system remains pretty much unanswered (things haven’t been impressive in 10 games, but it’s just 10 scattered games). Since he is owed $11.2 million next season nobody is going to trade for him (maybe at next season’s trade deadline to clear cap space) these final games of the season would be a good time to see if there is any fit.
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 7
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 22
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 23
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 20
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 26