Mar 5, 2010, 8:53 AM EST
Well, this will solve all the Knicks problems.
Enigmatic big man Eddy Curry is close to suiting up for New York. It could be as soon as Saturday, as the big man wouldn’t mind a soft spot to get started and there are no softer spots than playing the Nets. Although, it could be a couple more games.
“I really don’t know,” said Curry, out since Dec. 17. “It’s really all about the next day and seeing how it feels and if I’m able to respond and go out there and put in extra work in the morning. Just kind of take it day by day. I’m real close and I don’t want anything crazy to happen.”
Mike D’Antoni said, “I think he needs a few more practices. It’s tough at this time of year just because we have three games the next four nights. But if he keeps coming on and there’s no setbacks, I would say sometime next week maybe.”
Curry has played in just seven games this season for the Knicks, battling foot and knee injuries the whole way. He played in just three games last season.
So the question of how well he would fit in Mike D’Antoni’s system remains pretty much unanswered (things haven’t been impressive in 10 games, but it’s just 10 scattered games). Since he is owed $11.2 million next season nobody is going to trade for him (maybe at next season’s trade deadline to clear cap space) these final games of the season would be a good time to see if there is any fit.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 19
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 16
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 61
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13