Mar 5, 2010, 8:53 AM EDT
Well, this will solve all the Knicks problems.
Enigmatic big man Eddy Curry is close to suiting up for New York. It could be as soon as Saturday, as the big man wouldn’t mind a soft spot to get started and there are no softer spots than playing the Nets. Although, it could be a couple more games.
“I really don’t know,” said Curry, out since Dec. 17. “It’s really all about the next day and seeing how it feels and if I’m able to respond and go out there and put in extra work in the morning. Just kind of take it day by day. I’m real close and I don’t want anything crazy to happen.”
Mike D’Antoni said, “I think he needs a few more practices. It’s tough at this time of year just because we have three games the next four nights. But if he keeps coming on and there’s no setbacks, I would say sometime next week maybe.”
Curry has played in just seven games this season for the Knicks, battling foot and knee injuries the whole way. He played in just three games last season.
So the question of how well he would fit in Mike D’Antoni’s system remains pretty much unanswered (things haven’t been impressive in 10 games, but it’s just 10 scattered games). Since he is owed $11.2 million next season nobody is going to trade for him (maybe at next season’s trade deadline to clear cap space) these final games of the season would be a good time to see if there is any fit.
- Paul George tweets: “I’ll be ok and be back better than ever” 0
- Paul George leaves USA Basketball Showcase with severe lower leg injury, remainder of scrimmage canceled 74
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 24
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49