Mar 5, 2010, 5:59 PM EDT
If I were a Portland Trail Blazer center, I would be more paranoid than Cary Grant in North by Northwest.
Friday afternoon Marcus Camby became the latest Portland big to get injured, according to the Oregonian (and they were there, so they know).
During a intrasquad scrimmage, Camby ran into the basketball standard and was immediately pulled. He missed most of the two-hour workout.
When practice was opened to the media, Camby was receiving treatment and was unavailable for comment. Coach Nate McMillan was hopeful the injury was not serious, but said his starting center would have X-rays taken as a precaution.
Greg Oden we all know about. Joel Przybilla went down with a right knee injury and is done for the year. So the Blazers went out and traded for Camby at the deadline, and in eight games he has now suffered two ankle injuries.
The answer may simply be to keep Camby and all Portland big men in bubble wrap, only to be let out during games. But frankly that might not be enough.
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 25
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 44
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 15
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 8
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 55