Mar 5, 2010, 5:59 PM EDT
If I were a Portland Trail Blazer center, I would be more paranoid than Cary Grant in North by Northwest.
Friday afternoon Marcus Camby became the latest Portland big to get injured, according to the Oregonian (and they were there, so they know).
During a intrasquad scrimmage, Camby ran into the basketball standard and was immediately pulled. He missed most of the two-hour workout.
When practice was opened to the media, Camby was receiving treatment and was unavailable for comment. Coach Nate McMillan was hopeful the injury was not serious, but said his starting center would have X-rays taken as a precaution.
Greg Oden we all know about. Joel Przybilla went down with a right knee injury and is done for the year. So the Blazers went out and traded for Camby at the deadline, and in eight games he has now suffered two ankle injuries.
The answer may simply be to keep Camby and all Portland big men in bubble wrap, only to be let out during games. But frankly that might not be enough.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 32
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 64
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31