Mar 5, 2010, 5:59 PM EDT
If I were a Portland Trail Blazer center, I would be more paranoid than Cary Grant in North by Northwest.
Friday afternoon Marcus Camby became the latest Portland big to get injured, according to the Oregonian (and they were there, so they know).
During a intrasquad scrimmage, Camby ran into the basketball standard and was immediately pulled. He missed most of the two-hour workout.
When practice was opened to the media, Camby was receiving treatment and was unavailable for comment. Coach Nate McMillan was hopeful the injury was not serious, but said his starting center would have X-rays taken as a precaution.
Greg Oden we all know about. Joel Przybilla went down with a right knee injury and is done for the year. So the Blazers went out and traded for Camby at the deadline, and in eight games he has now suffered two ankle injuries.
The answer may simply be to keep Camby and all Portland big men in bubble wrap, only to be let out during games. But frankly that might not be enough.
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 1
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 48
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 12
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13