Mar 5, 2010, 5:59 PM EDT
If I were a Portland Trail Blazer center, I would be more paranoid than Cary Grant in North by Northwest.
Friday afternoon Marcus Camby became the latest Portland big to get injured, according to the Oregonian (and they were there, so they know).
During a intrasquad scrimmage, Camby ran into the basketball standard and was immediately pulled. He missed most of the two-hour workout.
When practice was opened to the media, Camby was receiving treatment and was unavailable for comment. Coach Nate McMillan was hopeful the injury was not serious, but said his starting center would have X-rays taken as a precaution.
Greg Oden we all know about. Joel Przybilla went down with a right knee injury and is done for the year. So the Blazers went out and traded for Camby at the deadline, and in eight games he has now suffered two ankle injuries.
The answer may simply be to keep Camby and all Portland big men in bubble wrap, only to be let out during games. But frankly that might not be enough.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 41
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 5
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5