Mar 5, 2010, 5:59 PM EDT
If I were a Portland Trail Blazer center, I would be more paranoid than Cary Grant in North by Northwest.
Friday afternoon Marcus Camby became the latest Portland big to get injured, according to the Oregonian (and they were there, so they know).
During a intrasquad scrimmage, Camby ran into the basketball standard and was immediately pulled. He missed most of the two-hour workout.
When practice was opened to the media, Camby was receiving treatment and was unavailable for comment. Coach Nate McMillan was hopeful the injury was not serious, but said his starting center would have X-rays taken as a precaution.
Greg Oden we all know about. Joel Przybilla went down with a right knee injury and is done for the year. So the Blazers went out and traded for Camby at the deadline, and in eight games he has now suffered two ankle injuries.
The answer may simply be to keep Camby and all Portland big men in bubble wrap, only to be let out during games. But frankly that might not be enough.
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 8
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 6
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 17
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 39
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15