Mar 4, 2010, 4:09 PM EDT
The Phoenix Suns have had a bit of an odd season. First they were unstoppable, going 14-3 to start the season. Then they weren’t very good at all, going 12-18 over the course of two months. Since January 28th, the Suns are 13-3.
“The Suns pace has dropped during this latest win streak from about 98.5 down to 95.7″“The Suns opponent FG% has improved steadily throughout the season from 46% during the 1st win streak, to 45.6% during the slump to 45.1% during the current streak”“During the 1st winning streak the Suns were taking ~7% more of their total shots from behind the arc. Now they are taking about 5% more of their shots withing 10 feet. This the Robin Lopez effect.”
Looking at the numbers from the second streak, it looks like the Suns have started to play a slightly more disciplined brand of basketball. Nobody’s going to confuse them with a grind-it-out team any time soon, but it looks like they’re starting to play a little more defense and get a little more deliberate on offense. Also, I love the phrase “Robin Lopez effect,” and feel it should be applied to all walks of life.
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 0
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 6
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 96
- PBT Extra: Talking Duncan, LeBron legacies; plus Game 6 11
- Report: Clippers pull out of talks with Celtics 30
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (96)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'