Mar 4, 2010, 3:18 PM EST
Rasheed Wallace likes shooting threes. He likes shooting threes more than a lot of people like just about anything. This much we know. We also know that Rasheed Wallace’s accuracy from beyond the arc is not commensurate with his love of shooting threes. Rasheed currently shoots 4.4 threes per game, which is about one three for every five or so minutes Rasheed is on the floor. This season, Rasheed has only made 28.3% of his three-point attempts.
Zach Lowe of Celtics Hub decided to take a look at Rasheed’s three-point habits in context, and the results weren’t pretty. Only four times have players attempted as many threes per 36 minutes while making less than 30% of them: Michael Adams, Antoine Walker, and Jason Williams twice.
Normally, this is the part where I’d point out that almost every player is better off taking threes than they are taking long twos, which are harder to single out. If you take into account the added value of a three-pointer, Rasheed’s eFG% on threes is 42.5%. That’s just about what Vince Carter, Brandon Bass, Anthony Morrow, and Kevin love shoot on 16-23 foot jumpers.
However, the weird thing about Rasheed is that he’s been shooting well from every area except the three-point arc. He’s having a great year on midrange jumpers, making right around half of his attempts. He’s not as good at the rim as he used to be, but he’s still over 50% from inside of 10 feet.
Rasheed likes to shoot threes, and he does stretch the floor sometimes. However, he might be a lot more productive if he simply curbed his three-point addiction.
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, to have season-ending surgery 0
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 14
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 59
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld