Mar 4, 2010, 1:45 PM EDT
Poor Zydrunas Ilgauskas. After a dozen years in the NBA, he was traded by a team that desperately wants — needs — him back, but the sting of that brief separation may be too much.
That’s what his agent is selling, anyway.
Ilgauskas has drawn interest from several other teams, including the Atlanta Hawks. (Big Z’s agent Herb) Rudoy said Ilgauskas is weighing his options and that the 34-year-old has mixed feelings.
“He’s got a big emotional investment in Cleveland, in the city and the team,” Rudoy said. “On the other hand, he was not happy to be used as a pawn in the trade…”
“He loves the fans of
Cleveland and I know how much the Cavaliers mean to him. But again, he was not
happy to be a pawn. It was really disappointing.”
And the world’s smallest violin begins to play…
Big Z is thinking things over in his nice, cushy second home in New York. He still has his place in Cleveland. All quite affordable because he’s been pulling in an NBA paycheck for 12 years, all tolled having made more than $112 million. To play basketball.
So you got traded once. This is a business, first and foremost, and while you matter to the team Antwan Jamison brings more to the table. Still, Cleveland wants you back. The team GM flew to your home to kiss your a#$. Then a bunch of players came by to kiss your a#$. You’re wanted. You’re loved. Tell your agent to stop making you seem spoiled, and just agree to a deal with Cleveland like we all know you will.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29