Mar 4, 2010, 1:45 PM EDT
Poor Zydrunas Ilgauskas. After a dozen years in the NBA, he was traded by a team that desperately wants — needs — him back, but the sting of that brief separation may be too much.
That’s what his agent is selling, anyway.
Ilgauskas has drawn interest from several other teams, including the Atlanta Hawks. (Big Z’s agent Herb) Rudoy said Ilgauskas is weighing his options and that the 34-year-old has mixed feelings.
“He’s got a big emotional investment in Cleveland, in the city and the team,” Rudoy said. “On the other hand, he was not happy to be used as a pawn in the trade…”
“He loves the fans of
Cleveland and I know how much the Cavaliers mean to him. But again, he was not
happy to be a pawn. It was really disappointing.”
And the world’s smallest violin begins to play…
Big Z is thinking things over in his nice, cushy second home in New York. He still has his place in Cleveland. All quite affordable because he’s been pulling in an NBA paycheck for 12 years, all tolled having made more than $112 million. To play basketball.
So you got traded once. This is a business, first and foremost, and while you matter to the team Antwan Jamison brings more to the table. Still, Cleveland wants you back. The team GM flew to your home to kiss your a#$. Then a bunch of players came by to kiss your a#$. You’re wanted. You’re loved. Tell your agent to stop making you seem spoiled, and just agree to a deal with Cleveland like we all know you will.
- Report: Mavericks looking to move No. 13 pick to clear out cap space for run at Howard, CP3 17
- Report: Mike Krzyzewski to return, coach Team USA in 2016 Olympics 8
- Lakers GM Kupchak denies he, Howard talked about D’Antoni 14
- Kevin Love and Flip Saunders hitting it off 6
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 6
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- PBT: Rugged Pacers hope to slow high-flying Heat
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree tears achilles, out six months
- PHT: Canucks reportedly fire Vigneault, assistants