Mar 4, 2010, 2:05 PM EDT
It’s no secret that Kevin Garnett hasn’t looked like his old self this year. The veteran forward has played well over 1,000 NBA games in his career, and it looks like it may be catching up with him. Garnett, who once missed three games over the course of a six-year span when he was in Minnesota, missed 25 games and the playoffs last season. This season, Garnett has already missed time, and when he’s played he hasn’t moved well.
“You know it’s the second half,” Garnett said. “I think that everyone’s starting to pick their play up. Paul has been banged up a little bit, so it is good to see him have a game like this. Everybody’s picking their play up, and I’m no different from that.“I told you I wanted to be a lot more aggressive (in the) second half of the year. I want to personally just have a nice rhythm going into playoffs. I am taking one game at a time, a day at a time. But as we get healthy, I think that you’ll start to see a better team. . . . I’m just trying to up my play. That’s all.”
Garnett’s plan sounds solid enough. Whether his body will cooperate will be the big question for the Celtics in this year’s playoffs.
- LeBron returns to Cleveland a more efficient, mature player that can take team further 0
- Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker shine in head-to-head Summer League matchup 13
- Posnanski: LeBron James proves he’s a true Clevelander 48
- Report: Isaiah Thomas headed to Phoenix Suns in a sign-and-trade 38
- Report: Chris Bosh re-signing with Heat over joining Rockets 81
- Report: Heat offer Chris Bosh full max contract to keep him from Rockets 26
- PBT Extra: LeBron James returns to Cleveland to try and cement legacy 18
- Deal set: Lakers trade for Jeremy Lin, which for L.A. is largely about draft pick (as is Gasol for Boozer idea) 36