Mar 4, 2010, 2:05 PM EST
It’s no secret that Kevin Garnett hasn’t looked like his old self this year. The veteran forward has played well over 1,000 NBA games in his career, and it looks like it may be catching up with him. Garnett, who once missed three games over the course of a six-year span when he was in Minnesota, missed 25 games and the playoffs last season. This season, Garnett has already missed time, and when he’s played he hasn’t moved well.
“You know it’s the second half,” Garnett said. “I think that everyone’s starting to pick their play up. Paul has been banged up a little bit, so it is good to see him have a game like this. Everybody’s picking their play up, and I’m no different from that.“I told you I wanted to be a lot more aggressive (in the) second half of the year. I want to personally just have a nice rhythm going into playoffs. I am taking one game at a time, a day at a time. But as we get healthy, I think that you’ll start to see a better team. . . . I’m just trying to up my play. That’s all.”
Garnett’s plan sounds solid enough. Whether his body will cooperate will be the big question for the Celtics in this year’s playoffs.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 14
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 28
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 60
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13