Mar 4, 2010, 6:17 PM EDT
Former #2 overall pick Darko Milicic still plans on returning to Europe, according to an Associated Press report. Milicic has been in the rotation for the Minnesota Timberwolves since getting traded by the Knicks, but that has not been “enough to change Milicic’s mind,” according to the AP report. Milicic was once thought to have superstar potential based on his size, athleticism, and package of skills.
In the NBA, he’s only found spot minutes as a shot-blocker, and has shown few of the skills he was supposed to have possessed. Darko has only shot five threes in his NBA career, and has yet to make one. The last time Darko scored 10 or more points in an NBA game was March 15th, 2009. The last time he scored 20 or more was March 28th, 2008. Darko has never scored 25 or more points in an NBA game. At 24 years old, Darko has already become a cautionary tale. But as current D-Leaguer Hasheem Thabeet shows, teams will always be willing to gamble on talented giants in the NBA.
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 1
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14