Mar 4, 2010, 6:17 PM EST
Former #2 overall pick Darko Milicic still plans on returning to Europe, according to an Associated Press report. Milicic has been in the rotation for the Minnesota Timberwolves since getting traded by the Knicks, but that has not been “enough to change Milicic’s mind,” according to the AP report. Milicic was once thought to have superstar potential based on his size, athleticism, and package of skills.
In the NBA, he’s only found spot minutes as a shot-blocker, and has shown few of the skills he was supposed to have possessed. Darko has only shot five threes in his NBA career, and has yet to make one. The last time Darko scored 10 or more points in an NBA game was March 15th, 2009. The last time he scored 20 or more was March 28th, 2008. Darko has never scored 25 or more points in an NBA game. At 24 years old, Darko has already become a cautionary tale. But as current D-Leaguer Hasheem Thabeet shows, teams will always be willing to gamble on talented giants in the NBA.
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 0
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 9
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 43
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12
- It’s official: Jabari Parker out for the season with torn ACL 22
- Grizzlies snap Warriors’ 16-game winning streak 4