Mar 4, 2010, 12:34 PM EDT
Chris Bosh has missed the last six games due to injury. All was good and well during the first two games of that stretch, when the Raptors’ opponents were the Nets and the Wizards. But once met with some solid competition, the outmatched Raps crumbled in the subsequent four games. Toronto’s average margin of defeat over their last four losses is 16.5, with everything really coming together in a blowout loss to the Rockets on Monday.
Some playoff teams are capable of treading water while their stars return from injury, but then there are teams that completely struggle to be effective on either end of the court without their most notable producer. And then there are the Raptors, who are a mismatched batch of talent that provide something completely indecipherable without the Rosetta Stone that is Bosh.
But fear not, Raps faithful; Bosh is slated to return Friday against the Knicks, which means your
glimpse of what your team will look like next season regular season nightmare will be coming to a close shortly. And to boot, the Raps’ next two games come against New York and Philadelphia…before a toughie against the Lakers next Tuesday. The sun is shining on the city of Toronto! Nothing could possibly go wrong while Bosh is in the lineup! Right, Chris?
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 0
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 78
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 8
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 77
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 26
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 45
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 17
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17