Mar 4, 2010, 12:34 PM EDT
Chris Bosh has missed the last six games due to injury. All was good and well during the first two games of that stretch, when the Raptors’ opponents were the Nets and the Wizards. But once met with some solid competition, the outmatched Raps crumbled in the subsequent four games. Toronto’s average margin of defeat over their last four losses is 16.5, with everything really coming together in a blowout loss to the Rockets on Monday.
Some playoff teams are capable of treading water while their stars return from injury, but then there are teams that completely struggle to be effective on either end of the court without their most notable producer. And then there are the Raptors, who are a mismatched batch of talent that provide something completely indecipherable without the Rosetta Stone that is Bosh.
But fear not, Raps faithful; Bosh is slated to return Friday against the Knicks, which means your
glimpse of what your team will look like next season regular season nightmare will be coming to a close shortly. And to boot, the Raps’ next two games come against New York and Philadelphia…before a toughie against the Lakers next Tuesday. The sun is shining on the city of Toronto! Nothing could possibly go wrong while Bosh is in the lineup! Right, Chris?
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 83
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20