Mar 4, 2010, 12:34 PM EDT
Chris Bosh has missed the last six games due to injury. All was good and well during the first two games of that stretch, when the Raptors’ opponents were the Nets and the Wizards. But once met with some solid competition, the outmatched Raps crumbled in the subsequent four games. Toronto’s average margin of defeat over their last four losses is 16.5, with everything really coming together in a blowout loss to the Rockets on Monday.
Some playoff teams are capable of treading water while their stars return from injury, but then there are teams that completely struggle to be effective on either end of the court without their most notable producer. And then there are the Raptors, who are a mismatched batch of talent that provide something completely indecipherable without the Rosetta Stone that is Bosh.
But fear not, Raps faithful; Bosh is slated to return Friday against the Knicks, which means your
glimpse of what your team will look like next season regular season nightmare will be coming to a close shortly. And to boot, the Raps’ next two games come against New York and Philadelphia…before a toughie against the Lakers next Tuesday. The sun is shining on the city of Toronto! Nothing could possibly go wrong while Bosh is in the lineup! Right, Chris?
- PBT Extra matchups to watch: Spurs look for ways to contain Chris Paul 1
- PBT Extra matchups to watch: Can Memphis keep Damian Lillard in check? 0
- Report: Suns’ Morris twins charged with aggravated assault 9
- Hawks’ Mike Budenholzer named 2014-15 NBA Coach of the Year 9
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 12
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 6
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 14
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 6