Mar 4, 2010, 12:34 PM EDT
Chris Bosh has missed the last six games due to injury. All was good and well during the first two games of that stretch, when the Raptors’ opponents were the Nets and the Wizards. But once met with some solid competition, the outmatched Raps crumbled in the subsequent four games. Toronto’s average margin of defeat over their last four losses is 16.5, with everything really coming together in a blowout loss to the Rockets on Monday.
Some playoff teams are capable of treading water while their stars return from injury, but then there are teams that completely struggle to be effective on either end of the court without their most notable producer. And then there are the Raptors, who are a mismatched batch of talent that provide something completely indecipherable without the Rosetta Stone that is Bosh.
But fear not, Raps faithful; Bosh is slated to return Friday against the Knicks, which means your
glimpse of what your team will look like next season regular season nightmare will be coming to a close shortly. And to boot, the Raps’ next two games come against New York and Philadelphia…before a toughie against the Lakers next Tuesday. The sun is shining on the city of Toronto! Nothing could possibly go wrong while Bosh is in the lineup! Right, Chris?
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32