Mar 4, 2010, 12:34 PM EDT
Chris Bosh has missed the last six games due to injury. All was good and well during the first two games of that stretch, when the Raptors’ opponents were the Nets and the Wizards. But once met with some solid competition, the outmatched Raps crumbled in the subsequent four games. Toronto’s average margin of defeat over their last four losses is 16.5, with everything really coming together in a blowout loss to the Rockets on Monday.
Some playoff teams are capable of treading water while their stars return from injury, but then there are teams that completely struggle to be effective on either end of the court without their most notable producer. And then there are the Raptors, who are a mismatched batch of talent that provide something completely indecipherable without the Rosetta Stone that is Bosh.
But fear not, Raps faithful; Bosh is slated to return Friday against the Knicks, which means your
glimpse of what your team will look like next season regular season nightmare will be coming to a close shortly. And to boot, the Raps’ next two games come against New York and Philadelphia…before a toughie against the Lakers next Tuesday. The sun is shining on the city of Toronto! Nothing could possibly go wrong while Bosh is in the lineup! Right, Chris?
- Three coaches who could replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 1
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 13
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 61
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 72
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 22
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 43