Mar 4, 2010, 11:19 AM EDT
Avery Johnson, or, “The Little General” as he’s known in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 circles, has been out of the coaching gig for a bit. A nice comfy studio gig and no reporters questioning his every small-ball lineup.
But Sam Amico writing for Pro Basketball News brings word that Johnson’s agent will be contacting the Hornets to see if there is interest in him joining New Orleans in the future.
Johnson might be a smart choice for the Hornets on some levels, being a player’s coach (as a former player, you know. See what I did there?) and with proven playoff success (Hmm? What 2006 Finals collapse followed by what most embarrassing first round loss in history? I don’t recall those.).
But on the other hand, Johnson’s track record with developing young talent isn’t exactly exemplary, and George Shinn might keel over and die when A.J. puts his salary requirements on the table. Not to mention the fact that one-man-show Jeff Bower has the Hornets still competing for a playoff spot despite not having CP3. Kind of a weird time to be casting hooks, there, Lil’ General.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 31
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 52