Mar 4, 2010, 11:19 AM EDT
Avery Johnson, or, “The Little General” as he’s known in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 circles, has been out of the coaching gig for a bit. A nice comfy studio gig and no reporters questioning his every small-ball lineup.
But Sam Amico writing for Pro Basketball News brings word that Johnson’s agent will be contacting the Hornets to see if there is interest in him joining New Orleans in the future.
Johnson might be a smart choice for the Hornets on some levels, being a player’s coach (as a former player, you know. See what I did there?) and with proven playoff success (Hmm? What 2006 Finals collapse followed by what most embarrassing first round loss in history? I don’t recall those.).
But on the other hand, Johnson’s track record with developing young talent isn’t exactly exemplary, and George Shinn might keel over and die when A.J. puts his salary requirements on the table. Not to mention the fact that one-man-show Jeff Bower has the Hornets still competing for a playoff spot despite not having CP3. Kind of a weird time to be casting hooks, there, Lil’ General.
- Tony ‘First Team All-Defense’ Allen and Mike ‘Masked Assassin’ Conley lead Grizzlies to Game 2 win over Warriors 8
- Hawks unimpressive, but pull away late for Game 2 win over Wizards 2
- Mike Conley playing Game 2 against Warriors tonight 0
- John Wall out for Wizards-Hawks Game 2 tonight 3
- PBT Extra: Will Doc Rivers sit Chris Paul in Game 2? 0
- Tony Allen on MVP Stephen Curry: “It ain’t nothing I ain’t never seen before” 23
- PBT Extra: Grizzlies searching for answers, Mike Conley in Game 2 3
- PBT Extra: Hawks need to lean on starters more, hit open looks in Game 2 0