Mar 4, 2010, 11:19 AM EST
Avery Johnson, or, “The Little General” as he’s known in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 circles, has been out of the coaching gig for a bit. A nice comfy studio gig and no reporters questioning his every small-ball lineup.
But Sam Amico writing for Pro Basketball News brings word that Johnson’s agent will be contacting the Hornets to see if there is interest in him joining New Orleans in the future.
Johnson might be a smart choice for the Hornets on some levels, being a player’s coach (as a former player, you know. See what I did there?) and with proven playoff success (Hmm? What 2006 Finals collapse followed by what most embarrassing first round loss in history? I don’t recall those.).
But on the other hand, Johnson’s track record with developing young talent isn’t exactly exemplary, and George Shinn might keel over and die when A.J. puts his salary requirements on the table. Not to mention the fact that one-man-show Jeff Bower has the Hornets still competing for a playoff spot despite not having CP3. Kind of a weird time to be casting hooks, there, Lil’ General.
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 6
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 16
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 24
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6