Reggie Evans: NBA's dirtiest player

Mar 3, 2010, 10:15 AM EST

evans.jpgYou’ll get no argument from Chris Kaman.

Sports Illustrated polled 173 NBA players — secret ballot, of course, that’s how we do things in America — and found that Toronto’s Reggie Evans is considered the dirtiest player in the NBA (winning 21 percent of the vote).

If you want to know why, check out the photographic evidence from Evans first game back three weeks ago. Evans’ style is to play balls out… wait, bad phrasing, let’s try that again. Reggie Evans likes to play hard… no, that doesn’t work either. Reggie Evans always goes after the ball… no, give me a second to work on this.

Ron Artest finished second in the poll, but he doesn’t really see himself that way. Of course.

I’m just aggressive,” he said. “I don’t know. I guess when I hit people, yeah, they feel it. But I don’t think I’m dirty. I just think I just use my body.”

Well, Artest was told, he doesn’t really hit people.

“It’s like a hit,” Artest responded. “But it’s not really a hit.”

Sacramento’s Andres Nocioni was third, Cleveland’s Anderson Varejao was fourth and Kobe Bryant came in fifth. Just for his glare.

1. alfa romeo - Mar 3, 2010 at 11:55 AM

HMMMMM,
    Two Lakers on the top five? Whats this about Kobe’s Glare, I thought all “Girly-Mouth” pussey’s have that kind of glare.

2. Sguy2130 - Mar 3, 2010 at 12:27 PM

I think some players got confused when particpating in this poll. Just because Evans hasn’t showered in months and looks like he escaped from the zoo doesn’t mean he’s necessarily a “dirty” on the court.

3. Sguy2130 - Mar 3, 2010 at 12:29 PM

4. Nimrod - Mar 3, 2010 at 12:53 PM

To sguy2130 …why does everything always have to have racial imlpications in this country?!! I know, I know, you’ll say you are black to qualify your comments. The internet is the new digital klan hood…

5. bob - Mar 3, 2010 at 1:37 PM

thats right sguy2130. only black people can spew racial hatred. others cannot anymore. well you can but you get fired. the pendulum has moved. it was supposed to stop in the middle but no, it has moved way past center to the other side.

6. DMoney - Mar 3, 2010 at 1:44 PM

C’mon, he just plays “balls out”…… Dirty is more like Lambeer back in the day.

7. JC - Mar 3, 2010 at 2:14 PM

Does EVERY sports conversation have to turn into a race debate? IMHO, Kobe should be #1, and I’m a Lakers fan!! I’d much rather play with him than against him.

Jabari Parker injury latest for disappointing rookie class
Top 10 NBA Player Searches