Mar 3, 2010, 1:55 PM EDT
No. Sleep. To Brooklyn.
The New Jersey Nets will hold a ground breaking ceremony next Thursday for the new Barclays Center in New Jersey, according to Nets Daily. That will come just a couple weeks after the last of the major legal hurdles was cleared.
If you’ve never been to a ground breaking ceremony, man are you missing out on the fun. A bunch of politicians and bankers in Brooks Brothers suits wear hardhats and make speeches congratulating themselves. Then they all get together and grab glistening new silver shovels and turn over some soft soil. Meanwhile, about 75 yards away, the actual construction workers — in dirty jeans and functional hard hats — stand around and wait thinking, “Would these windbag politicians wrap it up, we have actual work to do and you’re putting us behind schedule.” Fun times.
Before they do that, however, the Nets will host a press conference announcing their move out of the Meadowlands and to the Prudential Center. At least there will be no shovels at that one.
- Report: Isaiah Thomas headed to Phoenix Suns in a sign-and-trade 7
- Report: Chris Bosh re-signing with Heat over joining Rockets 61
- Report: Heat offer Chris Bosh full max contract to keep him from Rockets 23
- PBT Extra: LeBron James returns to Cleveland to try and cement legacy 9
- Deal set: Lakers trade for Jeremy Lin, which for L.A. is largely about draft pick (as is Gasol for Boozer idea) 28
- Carmelo Anthony still not ready to decide, but he needs to soon as options dry up 46
- Report: With LeBron James heading to Cleveland, Kevin Love would commit to Cavaliers long term if traded there 58
- Report: Lakers finalizing trade for Rockets’ Jeremy Lin 70