Mar 3, 2010, 1:55 PM EDT
No. Sleep. To Brooklyn.
The New Jersey Nets will hold a ground breaking ceremony next Thursday for the new Barclays Center in New Jersey, according to Nets Daily. That will come just a couple weeks after the last of the major legal hurdles was cleared.
If you’ve never been to a ground breaking ceremony, man are you missing out on the fun. A bunch of politicians and bankers in Brooks Brothers suits wear hardhats and make speeches congratulating themselves. Then they all get together and grab glistening new silver shovels and turn over some soft soil. Meanwhile, about 75 yards away, the actual construction workers — in dirty jeans and functional hard hats — stand around and wait thinking, “Would these windbag politicians wrap it up, we have actual work to do and you’re putting us behind schedule.” Fun times.
Before they do that, however, the Nets will host a press conference announcing their move out of the Meadowlands and to the Prudential Center. At least there will be no shovels at that one.
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 31
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 22
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 28
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?