Mar 3, 2010, 1:55 PM EDT
No. Sleep. To Brooklyn.
The New Jersey Nets will hold a ground breaking ceremony next Thursday for the new Barclays Center in New Jersey, according to Nets Daily. That will come just a couple weeks after the last of the major legal hurdles was cleared.
If you’ve never been to a ground breaking ceremony, man are you missing out on the fun. A bunch of politicians and bankers in Brooks Brothers suits wear hardhats and make speeches congratulating themselves. Then they all get together and grab glistening new silver shovels and turn over some soft soil. Meanwhile, about 75 yards away, the actual construction workers — in dirty jeans and functional hard hats — stand around and wait thinking, “Would these windbag politicians wrap it up, we have actual work to do and you’re putting us behind schedule.” Fun times.
Before they do that, however, the Nets will host a press conference announcing their move out of the Meadowlands and to the Prudential Center. At least there will be no shovels at that one.
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 0
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 3
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 16
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12