Mar 3, 2010, 1:55 PM EDT
No. Sleep. To Brooklyn.
The New Jersey Nets will hold a ground breaking ceremony next Thursday for the new Barclays Center in New Jersey, according to Nets Daily. That will come just a couple weeks after the last of the major legal hurdles was cleared.
If you’ve never been to a ground breaking ceremony, man are you missing out on the fun. A bunch of politicians and bankers in Brooks Brothers suits wear hardhats and make speeches congratulating themselves. Then they all get together and grab glistening new silver shovels and turn over some soft soil. Meanwhile, about 75 yards away, the actual construction workers — in dirty jeans and functional hard hats — stand around and wait thinking, “Would these windbag politicians wrap it up, we have actual work to do and you’re putting us behind schedule.” Fun times.
Before they do that, however, the Nets will host a press conference announcing their move out of the Meadowlands and to the Prudential Center. At least there will be no shovels at that one.
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 0
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 12
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10