Mar 3, 2010, 1:55 PM EDT
No. Sleep. To Brooklyn.
The New Jersey Nets will hold a ground breaking ceremony next Thursday for the new Barclays Center in New Jersey, according to Nets Daily. That will come just a couple weeks after the last of the major legal hurdles was cleared.
If you’ve never been to a ground breaking ceremony, man are you missing out on the fun. A bunch of politicians and bankers in Brooks Brothers suits wear hardhats and make speeches congratulating themselves. Then they all get together and grab glistening new silver shovels and turn over some soft soil. Meanwhile, about 75 yards away, the actual construction workers — in dirty jeans and functional hard hats — stand around and wait thinking, “Would these windbag politicians wrap it up, we have actual work to do and you’re putting us behind schedule.” Fun times.
Before they do that, however, the Nets will host a press conference announcing their move out of the Meadowlands and to the Prudential Center. At least there will be no shovels at that one.
- Report: Klay Thompson’s camp ‘frustrated’ Warriors have yet to offer a max contract extension 6
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 43
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 19
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70