Mar 3, 2010, 1:36 PM EST
The conventional wisdom is that LeBron James has yet to decide where he is going to play next year. He’ll decide this summer after seeing how far Cleveland can get in the playoffs, and weighing what other big free agents do.
Or, maybe he has a plan. That’s what Chris Douglas-Roberts hinted to northjersey.com.
Douglas-Roberts, who is represented by the same agent as James, Leon Rose, said he has an idea where the reigning MVP is going and he probably won’t try to recruit him to New Jersey.
“I can’t do that,” Douglas-Roberts said after the Nets prepared for tonight’s game against James and the Cavaliers. “It’s a bigger picture. It’s a bigger picture than me. It’s bigger than that…
“They don’t know,” Douglas-Roberts said. “But there’s an understanding. I can’t just say I know what he’s going to do. Everybody in our camp has a good feeling for what might happen — what might happen. We don’t know for sure. Things could change.”
LeBron is smart about his image, his marketing. He is not leaving that up to chance. You have to have a plan in place — a plan that is flexible, a plan that allows you to talk to different people and cover your bases, but a plan. There is a favorite in the clubhouse, and while we may not know who it is you can bet LeBron has a good idea how this summer will go down.
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 5
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 8
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 19
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 27
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 15
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 30