Mar 3, 2010, 1:36 PM EST
The conventional wisdom is that LeBron James has yet to decide where he is going to play next year. He’ll decide this summer after seeing how far Cleveland can get in the playoffs, and weighing what other big free agents do.
Or, maybe he has a plan. That’s what Chris Douglas-Roberts hinted to northjersey.com.
Douglas-Roberts, who is represented by the same agent as James, Leon Rose, said he has an idea where the reigning MVP is going and he probably won’t try to recruit him to New Jersey.
“I can’t do that,” Douglas-Roberts said after the Nets prepared for tonight’s game against James and the Cavaliers. “It’s a bigger picture. It’s a bigger picture than me. It’s bigger than that…
“They don’t know,” Douglas-Roberts said. “But there’s an understanding. I can’t just say I know what he’s going to do. Everybody in our camp has a good feeling for what might happen — what might happen. We don’t know for sure. Things could change.”
LeBron is smart about his image, his marketing. He is not leaving that up to chance. You have to have a plan in place — a plan that is flexible, a plan that allows you to talk to different people and cover your bases, but a plan. There is a favorite in the clubhouse, and while we may not know who it is you can bet LeBron has a good idea how this summer will go down.
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 28
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 5
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 17
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 15
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 25
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8