Mar 3, 2010, 10:01 PM EDT
Some players really like Twitter. It’s a way to communicate with their friends and family, expand their brand, and generally talk about when they’re going to take their pre-game nap.
But sometimes, players also tend to go a little too far. It should come as no surprise that Matt Barnes is one of those guys. The Orlando Sentinel tells us that Barnes has been informed he’s got to clean up his
damn darn dirty language on Twitter.
Earlier today, Barnes tweeted the following:
“I’ve ben [told] by the higher powers that I cuss 2 much on twitter 4 those I have offended I apologize.”
Barnes later expressed some consternation because you’re supposed to “be yourself” on Twitter. But Barnes is simply facing the same problem athletes face all the time. You’ve got to watch your mouth, like it or not. Unless you’re Rasheed Wallace. Or Dennis Rodman. But that’s a whole other hornets’ nest.
- Report: Mavericks looking to move No. 13 pick to clear out cap space for run at Howard, CP3 21
- Report: Mike Krzyzewski to return, coach Team USA in 2016 Olympics 12
- Lakers GM Kupchak denies he, Howard talked about D’Antoni 17
- Kevin Love and Flip Saunders hitting it off 6
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 6
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Live Extra: Watch Penguins-Senators, Game 4
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- PBT: Rugged Pacers hope to slow high-flying Heat
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree tears achilles, out six months