Mar 3, 2010, 10:01 PM EDT
Some players really like Twitter. It’s a way to communicate with their friends and family, expand their brand, and generally talk about when they’re going to take their pre-game nap.
But sometimes, players also tend to go a little too far. It should come as no surprise that Matt Barnes is one of those guys. The Orlando Sentinel tells us that Barnes has been informed he’s got to clean up his
damn darn dirty language on Twitter.
Earlier today, Barnes tweeted the following:
“I’ve ben [told] by the higher powers that I cuss 2 much on twitter 4 those I have offended I apologize.”
Barnes later expressed some consternation because you’re supposed to “be yourself” on Twitter. But Barnes is simply facing the same problem athletes face all the time. You’ve got to watch your mouth, like it or not. Unless you’re Rasheed Wallace. Or Dennis Rodman. But that’s a whole other hornets’ nest.
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 14
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 2
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 54
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6