Mar 3, 2010, 1:06 PM EDT
Kevin Martin is tearing it up as a Rocket — in his last two games he has scored 60 points combined on 62 percent shooting and has hit 7 of 10 from beyond the arc. Take that Geoff Petrie.
He also loves his new point guard partner, Aaron Brooks, the guy who Martin said, “is going to be the greatest six foot and under scorer that this game has ever seen.” Take that Tyreke Evans (who is over six feet, well over).
Well guess who is coming to Houston tonight? Martin’s old running mates from Sacramento that he is so happy without.
Not that he’s going to light the fire. SLAM asks good questions, but as smooth as Kevin Martin can hit a jumper, he can spew out the nice, save answers. So here you go.
“It will be emotional but it’s not like I’ll be out there trying to get them and it’s a one-man show. I had great times in Sac. The community took me under their wing and I was very blessed to have a great five years there.”
“What we’re trying to accomplish here is much bigger than Kevin playing Sacramento. We’ve got bigger goals and bigger expectations here, so I’m just trying to get back to being a great player and hopefully we have a big month. I’m not worrying about one game – we treat every team the same.”
“It’s the system and guys around me are giving me the ball in the right places and it seems like I’ve found my stride since being inserted into the starting lineup first couple games is to see what everything is about and get used to everything. It’s been good and hopefully we can continue to build on it.”
Well played, Mr. Martin. Well played. Still, this is the game to watch tonight because you know Evans wants to remind Martin who the best point guard he played with this year is (and Brooks isn’t near strong enough to stop Evans). And you know his former Kings teammates want to remind him they can ball a little, too. There will be some all-to-rare regular season emotion in this one.
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 9
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 10
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers 29
- LeBron’s game-winning layup at the overtime buzzer gives Heat Game 1 win over Pacers (VIDEO) 20
- Report: Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, may need surgery 5
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games