Mar 2, 2010, 7:22 PM EST
Like it was the Zapruder film, Cavaliers and Celtics fans have been poring over the footage from the thumb injury to Shaquille O’Neal. And, as they always do (for some odd reason), the conspiracy freaks have found a new cause:
Glen Davis intentionally hurt Shaq’s thumb.
An extended video from the game shows that the Cavs actually had a second offensive possession before O’Neal was removed from the game. The video shows Davis grabbing at O’Neal’s thumb, and the exchange clearly happened after the initial injury.
Check out the video and decide for yourself.
Clearly Big Baby is going after the thumb on the possession after the injury, but it’s hard to where any actual damage happens. However, when Shaq gets the ball on that possession is when he calls time out.
It seems a bit like the JFK assassination to me in that people are trying to prescribe far more complex and sinister motives when the most simple of explanations is likely. But people love their conspiracy theories.
Of course, if Davis really did aggravate Shaw’s injury and take him out of the game, LeBron James and the Cavaliers should send him a box of chocolates as a thank you. The Celtics were up 11 and beating Cleveland down until Shaq got inured, the Cavaliers had to go small and they just ran over the Celtics.
The CIA term for that is blowback — the unintended consequences of a covert action. Although, to think the outcome was blowback is thou think there was a conspiracy in the first place.
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 8
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 13
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 30