Mar 2, 2010, 7:22 PM EDT
Like it was the Zapruder film, Cavaliers and Celtics fans have been poring over the footage from the thumb injury to Shaquille O’Neal. And, as they always do (for some odd reason), the conspiracy freaks have found a new cause:
Glen Davis intentionally hurt Shaq’s thumb.
An extended video from the game shows that the Cavs actually had a second offensive possession before O’Neal was removed from the game. The video shows Davis grabbing at O’Neal’s thumb, and the exchange clearly happened after the initial injury.
Check out the video and decide for yourself.
Clearly Big Baby is going after the thumb on the possession after the injury, but it’s hard to where any actual damage happens. However, when Shaq gets the ball on that possession is when he calls time out.
It seems a bit like the JFK assassination to me in that people are trying to prescribe far more complex and sinister motives when the most simple of explanations is likely. But people love their conspiracy theories.
Of course, if Davis really did aggravate Shaw’s injury and take him out of the game, LeBron James and the Cavaliers should send him a box of chocolates as a thank you. The Celtics were up 11 and beating Cleveland down until Shaq got inured, the Cavaliers had to go small and they just ran over the Celtics.
The CIA term for that is blowback — the unintended consequences of a covert action. Although, to think the outcome was blowback is thou think there was a conspiracy in the first place.
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 19
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28