Mar 2, 2010, 9:40 PM EDT
Ricky Davis, a 12-year NBA veteran who spent most of this season (and all of last) with the Clippers is headed to Turkey to earn a paycheck.
He’ll be joining Turk Telekom Ankara for the rest of the season, according to Turkish papers (well, the translation of Turkish papers as we do not speak Turkish).
Davis was waived last month by the Clippers to make room for Travis Outlaw, Steve Blake and Drew Gooden in part of the deadline deals for the Clippers. Davis has played all over the map during his dozen-year career, including having maybe the largest afro in Boston Celtics history back in the day.
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 6
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 13
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 33
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 21
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 15
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 21
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 11
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 23