Mar 2, 2010, 9:40 PM EDT
Ricky Davis, a 12-year NBA veteran who spent most of this season (and all of last) with the Clippers is headed to Turkey to earn a paycheck.
He’ll be joining Turk Telekom Ankara for the rest of the season, according to Turkish papers (well, the translation of Turkish papers as we do not speak Turkish).
Davis was waived last month by the Clippers to make room for Travis Outlaw, Steve Blake and Drew Gooden in part of the deadline deals for the Clippers. Davis has played all over the map during his dozen-year career, including having maybe the largest afro in Boston Celtics history back in the day.
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 0
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 11
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 7
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 66
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 65
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14
- Report: Knicks open to trading Iman Shumpert or J.R. Smith 29
- Top seven free agents still on the market 49