Mar 2, 2010, 9:40 PM EDT
Ricky Davis, a 12-year NBA veteran who spent most of this season (and all of last) with the Clippers is headed to Turkey to earn a paycheck.
He’ll be joining Turk Telekom Ankara for the rest of the season, according to Turkish papers (well, the translation of Turkish papers as we do not speak Turkish).
Davis was waived last month by the Clippers to make room for Travis Outlaw, Steve Blake and Drew Gooden in part of the deadline deals for the Clippers. Davis has played all over the map during his dozen-year career, including having maybe the largest afro in Boston Celtics history back in the day.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 11
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 34
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 11