Mar 2, 2010, 1:58 PM EDT
Patrick Ewing Jr., son of NBA superstar Patrick Ewing, will reportedly represent Jamaica in international competition. Before being waived because of a serious MCL sprain, Ewing was averaging 16.8 points and 8.9 rebounds per game for the Reno Bighorns of the D-League.
“He is playing full contact basketball and is in very good shape and will most likely be signing a full NBA contract this summer with one of a number of teams that have expressed interest, and should be back in the NBA by the start of the 2010/2011 season.”
Ewing’s first international games for Jamaica would be in the Centro Basketball Tournament, which begins on July 5th.
- Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, Knicks shut him down for season 13
- Celtics’ legend Cedric Maxwell stood in location of Boston Marathon bombing just minutes before 1
- 2014 PBT Awards: Executive of the Year 25
- Playoff Chase: We know all 16 teams going to dance, who dances with whom still up in air 13
- 2014 PBT Awards: Sixth Man of the Year 14