Mar 2, 2010, 1:58 PM EDT
Patrick Ewing Jr., son of NBA superstar Patrick Ewing, will reportedly represent Jamaica in international competition. Before being waived because of a serious MCL sprain, Ewing was averaging 16.8 points and 8.9 rebounds per game for the Reno Bighorns of the D-League.
“He is playing full contact basketball and is in very good shape and will most likely be signing a full NBA contract this summer with one of a number of teams that have expressed interest, and should be back in the NBA by the start of the 2010/2011 season.”
Ewing’s first international games for Jamaica would be in the Centro Basketball Tournament, which begins on July 5th.
- Report: Klay Thompson’s camp ‘frustrated’ Warriors have yet to offer a max contract extension 2
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 30
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 13
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70