Mar 2, 2010, 1:58 PM EST
Patrick Ewing Jr., son of NBA superstar Patrick Ewing, will reportedly represent Jamaica in international competition. Before being waived because of a serious MCL sprain, Ewing was averaging 16.8 points and 8.9 rebounds per game for the Reno Bighorns of the D-League.
“He is playing full contact basketball and is in very good shape and will most likely be signing a full NBA contract this summer with one of a number of teams that have expressed interest, and should be back in the NBA by the start of the 2010/2011 season.”
Ewing’s first international games for Jamaica would be in the Centro Basketball Tournament, which begins on July 5th.
- Pistons release Josh Smith. WHAT? 0
- Lakers may give Kobe Bryant some nights off to rest. If he wants them. 18
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 9
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 7
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 20
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10