Mar 2, 2010, 1:58 PM EDT
Patrick Ewing Jr., son of NBA superstar Patrick Ewing, will reportedly represent Jamaica in international competition. Before being waived because of a serious MCL sprain, Ewing was averaging 16.8 points and 8.9 rebounds per game for the Reno Bighorns of the D-League.
“He is playing full contact basketball and is in very good shape and will most likely be signing a full NBA contract this summer with one of a number of teams that have expressed interest, and should be back in the NBA by the start of the 2010/2011 season.”
Ewing’s first international games for Jamaica would be in the Centro Basketball Tournament, which begins on July 5th.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Orlando Magic 1
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 43
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 6
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11