Mar 2, 2010, 10:33 AM EDT
Coach George Karl likes to say that the Nuggets are half a body short of the Lakers. Presumably that is a very big body that could spend some time covering Andrew Bynum or Pau Gasol.
Now they are looking at what is left at the bottom of the barrel to fill that role.
The fact that both can be had as free agents right now says just about all you need to know about them and what they can add to Denver. But this late in the game you take what you can get.
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 12
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 13
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 48
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7