Mar 2, 2010, 10:33 AM EST
Coach George Karl likes to say that the Nuggets are half a body short of the Lakers. Presumably that is a very big body that could spend some time covering Andrew Bynum or Pau Gasol.
Now they are looking at what is left at the bottom of the barrel to fill that role.
The fact that both can be had as free agents right now says just about all you need to know about them and what they can add to Denver. But this late in the game you take what you can get.
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 2
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 10
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 27