Mar 2, 2010, 10:33 AM EDT
Coach George Karl likes to say that the Nuggets are half a body short of the Lakers. Presumably that is a very big body that could spend some time covering Andrew Bynum or Pau Gasol.
Now they are looking at what is left at the bottom of the barrel to fill that role.
The fact that both can be had as free agents right now says just about all you need to know about them and what they can add to Denver. But this late in the game you take what you can get.
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 39
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 53
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 17
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 44
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 42