Mar 2, 2010, 10:33 AM EST
Coach George Karl likes to say that the Nuggets are half a body short of the Lakers. Presumably that is a very big body that could spend some time covering Andrew Bynum or Pau Gasol.
Now they are looking at what is left at the bottom of the barrel to fill that role.
The fact that both can be had as free agents right now says just about all you need to know about them and what they can add to Denver. But this late in the game you take what you can get.
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 1
- The Extra Pass: Raptors’ salary dump trade could mean a few more wins, too; plus Sunday recaps 1
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 6
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 3
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 7
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)