Mar 2, 2010, 10:33 AM EST
Coach George Karl likes to say that the Nuggets are half a body short of the Lakers. Presumably that is a very big body that could spend some time covering Andrew Bynum or Pau Gasol.
Now they are looking at what is left at the bottom of the barrel to fill that role.
The fact that both can be had as free agents right now says just about all you need to know about them and what they can add to Denver. But this late in the game you take what you can get.
- The Extra Pass: A Google goggle revolution dream, plus Wednesday’s recaps 3
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 5
- Arena evacuated after fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 13
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 12
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 6
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)