Mar 2, 2010, 6:41 PM EST
The worst job in America is waiting tables at the Denny’s in Hollywood from midnight until 4 am, when you are just slammed because all the drunk but broke hipsters show up to order “Moons over my Hammy” then realize they don’t have money left for a tip.
Second worst, marketing manager for the New Jersey Nets. “Hey, come see us lose. Again.”
But credit the marketing people at the Nets for trying. They have given away everything from jerseys to opposing teams to pizzas.
Now, they will even do your taxes. Seriously. Not Chris Quinn or Rafer Alston, they would just turn all your money over to the government, but actual tax people the Nets hired. From our friends at Inside Hoops”
Roni Deutch Tax Center, one of the nation’s fastest growing tax preparation franchise companies, will provide all New Jersey residents 18 years and older who attend the NETS-Orlando Magic game at the IZOD CENTER on Friday, March 5 with a coupon for preparation of a free state tax return.
Through a new partnership with NETS Basketball, Roni Deutch Tax Center will have representatives on site at NETS Tax Night on March 5 to answer tax-related questions before and during the game.
You may hate doing your taxes, but that will be less painful than watching what the Magic will do to the Nets.
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 6
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 16
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 24
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6