Mar 2, 2010, 2:10 PM EDT
Elton Brand is not boarding the team charter today for travel and a game in Atlanta Wednesday, due to right Achilles tendonitis, according to the merged Philadelphia Inquirer and Daily News Web site.
He had been listed as day-to-day with a sore calf (apparently Bill Belichick is handling the Sixers injury report now) but the injury has migrated down to the Achilles. He sat out last night’s Sixer game — which ironically was Elton Brand Night (to honor him for his charity work).
How severe the injury is and how long Brand will be out remains to be seen.
Brand blew out his left Achilles with the Clippers, but this injury is to his other leg. Which is better, I guess, but not a lot. It’s another injury, another setback for Brand in a city that already feels no brotherly love toward him. When he has played this year Brand has chipped in 8.5 points and 6.1 rebounds per game, which would be disappointing if he were making the MLE, let alone $14.8 million.
But don’t worry, Sixers fans — just three more years of him under contract with your team.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37