Mar 2, 2010, 2:10 PM EDT
Elton Brand is not boarding the team charter today for travel and a game in Atlanta Wednesday, due to right Achilles tendonitis, according to the merged Philadelphia Inquirer and Daily News Web site.
He had been listed as day-to-day with a sore calf (apparently Bill Belichick is handling the Sixers injury report now) but the injury has migrated down to the Achilles. He sat out last night’s Sixer game — which ironically was Elton Brand Night (to honor him for his charity work).
How severe the injury is and how long Brand will be out remains to be seen.
Brand blew out his left Achilles with the Clippers, but this injury is to his other leg. Which is better, I guess, but not a lot. It’s another injury, another setback for Brand in a city that already feels no brotherly love toward him. When he has played this year Brand has chipped in 8.5 points and 6.1 rebounds per game, which would be disappointing if he were making the MLE, let alone $14.8 million.
But don’t worry, Sixers fans — just three more years of him under contract with your team.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 0
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 8
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4