Mar 2, 2010, 2:10 PM EDT
Elton Brand is not boarding the team charter today for travel and a game in Atlanta Wednesday, due to right Achilles tendonitis, according to the merged Philadelphia Inquirer and Daily News Web site.
He had been listed as day-to-day with a sore calf (apparently Bill Belichick is handling the Sixers injury report now) but the injury has migrated down to the Achilles. He sat out last night’s Sixer game — which ironically was Elton Brand Night (to honor him for his charity work).
How severe the injury is and how long Brand will be out remains to be seen.
Brand blew out his left Achilles with the Clippers, but this injury is to his other leg. Which is better, I guess, but not a lot. It’s another injury, another setback for Brand in a city that already feels no brotherly love toward him. When he has played this year Brand has chipped in 8.5 points and 6.1 rebounds per game, which would be disappointing if he were making the MLE, let alone $14.8 million.
But don’t worry, Sixers fans — just three more years of him under contract with your team.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 5
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 11
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36