Mar 2, 2010, 2:10 PM EDT
Elton Brand is not boarding the team charter today for travel and a game in Atlanta Wednesday, due to right Achilles tendonitis, according to the merged Philadelphia Inquirer and Daily News Web site.
He had been listed as day-to-day with a sore calf (apparently Bill Belichick is handling the Sixers injury report now) but the injury has migrated down to the Achilles. He sat out last night’s Sixer game — which ironically was Elton Brand Night (to honor him for his charity work).
How severe the injury is and how long Brand will be out remains to be seen.
Brand blew out his left Achilles with the Clippers, but this injury is to his other leg. Which is better, I guess, but not a lot. It’s another injury, another setback for Brand in a city that already feels no brotherly love toward him. When he has played this year Brand has chipped in 8.5 points and 6.1 rebounds per game, which would be disappointing if he were making the MLE, let alone $14.8 million.
But don’t worry, Sixers fans — just three more years of him under contract with your team.
- Ginobili, Duncan, Popovich dance around questions about Spurs’ future 1
- Reports: Stephen Curry to be named MVP Monday 27
- Hawks start hot, finish cold, Wizards take Game 1 on road 104-98. 6
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Preview: Washington Wizards vs. Atlanta Hawks 4
- Adjusting for playoff rotations round two: Watch out for the Wizards 2
- Hobbled Chris Paul, Clippers’ role players do just enough to dethrone Spurs in Game 7 20
- Chris Paul banks in game winner to lift Clippers past Spurs (VIDEO) 28
- Report: Bulls’ Mike Dunleavy won’t be suspended for Game 1 against Cavaliers 22