Mar 2, 2010, 2:10 PM EST
Elton Brand is not boarding the team charter today for travel and a game in Atlanta Wednesday, due to right Achilles tendonitis, according to the merged Philadelphia Inquirer and Daily News Web site.
He had been listed as day-to-day with a sore calf (apparently Bill Belichick is handling the Sixers injury report now) but the injury has migrated down to the Achilles. He sat out last night’s Sixer game — which ironically was Elton Brand Night (to honor him for his charity work).
How severe the injury is and how long Brand will be out remains to be seen.
Brand blew out his left Achilles with the Clippers, but this injury is to his other leg. Which is better, I guess, but not a lot. It’s another injury, another setback for Brand in a city that already feels no brotherly love toward him. When he has played this year Brand has chipped in 8.5 points and 6.1 rebounds per game, which would be disappointing if he were making the MLE, let alone $14.8 million.
But don’t worry, Sixers fans — just three more years of him under contract with your team.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 15
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 2
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 2
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 24
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9