Mar 1, 2010, 5:12 PM EST
UPDATE 5:06 pm: Reports are coming in. Two serious contenders, Cleveland and Denver will not have anything to do with Finley. The Mavericks will take a pass as well. The one team interested — Boston. Because they are getting too young.
1:41 pm: Michael Finley would like to contribute to a contender. He’s barely playing in San Antonio and they are not a contender, so the Spurs have agreed waived him.
That’s according to Marc Stein of ESPN. Finley was one of the most feared sharpshooters in the NBA just a couple years back, but in very limited action this season his is shooting 38 percent, 31.7 percent from three. Look, Gregg Popovich is no dummy — if you can help you are getting some burn. If you are not getting burn, it’s all on you.
Finley is 36 right now, and drawing one if his final NBA paychecks. We’ll see if anyone thinks he can help them, he asked out so maybe he has gotten nibbles. But the days of the feared Finley off the bench — remember him with those 2007 Spurs? — are gone.
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 26
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 29
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 10
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7