Mar 1, 2010, 12:47 PM EDT
Things have been pretty heavy in Sacramento lately, between the seemingly petty benching of Spencer Hawes over a harmless comment about playing time, head coach Paul Westphal’s head-on collision with the trials of real life, and a constant struggle to get back to the Kings’ early season glory days.
In some cases, events such as these spiral toward a breaking point, and in others, an all-out implosion. But in this case? A most excellent chest bump between player and coach, as two weeks’ worth of drama climaxed in a totally rad pre-game celebration. Follow the link to the video courtesy of Zach Harper of Cowbell Kingdom, and enjoy watching Paul Westphal completely defuse the situation.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 0
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 11
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 39
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 20
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 18
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29