Mar 1, 2010, 12:47 PM EDT
Things have been pretty heavy in Sacramento lately, between the seemingly petty benching of Spencer Hawes over a harmless comment about playing time, head coach Paul Westphal’s head-on collision with the trials of real life, and a constant struggle to get back to the Kings’ early season glory days.
In some cases, events such as these spiral toward a breaking point, and in others, an all-out implosion. But in this case? A most excellent chest bump between player and coach, as two weeks’ worth of drama climaxed in a totally rad pre-game celebration. Follow the link to the video courtesy of Zach Harper of Cowbell Kingdom, and enjoy watching Paul Westphal completely defuse the situation.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 71
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8