Mar 1, 2010, 12:47 PM EST
Things have been pretty heavy in Sacramento lately, between the seemingly petty benching of Spencer Hawes over a harmless comment about playing time, head coach Paul Westphal’s head-on collision with the trials of real life, and a constant struggle to get back to the Kings’ early season glory days.
In some cases, events such as these spiral toward a breaking point, and in others, an all-out implosion. But in this case? A most excellent chest bump between player and coach, as two weeks’ worth of drama climaxed in a totally rad pre-game celebration. Follow the link to the video courtesy of Zach Harper of Cowbell Kingdom, and enjoy watching Paul Westphal completely defuse the situation.
- The Extra Pass: Raptors’ salary dump trade could mean a few more wins, too; plus Sunday recaps 0
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 3
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 1
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 6
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 25
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)