Mar 1, 2010, 12:47 PM EDT
Things have been pretty heavy in Sacramento lately, between the seemingly petty benching of Spencer Hawes over a harmless comment about playing time, head coach Paul Westphal’s head-on collision with the trials of real life, and a constant struggle to get back to the Kings’ early season glory days.
In some cases, events such as these spiral toward a breaking point, and in others, an all-out implosion. But in this case? A most excellent chest bump between player and coach, as two weeks’ worth of drama climaxed in a totally rad pre-game celebration. Follow the link to the video courtesy of Zach Harper of Cowbell Kingdom, and enjoy watching Paul Westphal completely defuse the situation.
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 2
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 0
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 8
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 4
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 24
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 4