Mar 1, 2010, 2:39 PM EDT
Apparently everybody wants them some Travis Diener. At least somebody does. I don’t get it either, I just report the facts.
The facts are that Diener has missed most of this season with a foot injury and has played in just four games for the Pacers. He came back from injury to find rookie A.J. Price had taken up his minutes, and Price has a lot more future potential so he gets the run and Diener got waived. Diener got to sit and watch the Kiss-Cam on the jumbotron.
However, it was almost instantly reported that Portland would pick him up. Portland has plenty of good guards — Andre Miller and Jerryd Bayless will still get all the minutes at the point. But the Blazers are also spooked about injuries, so Diener comes on board to serve as insurance if one of them gets hurt. Ridiculous Upside questions the move, saying why not go with youngster (and Washington product) Will Conroy. Diener is a vet, he could solidly fill in minutes, he doesn’t turn the ball over and used to be able to shoot (we have no idea if he still can). But upside is right here, you go with the guy who has more of a future.
But in the short term, he gets to watch the Kiss Cam in Portland.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30