Mar 1, 2010, 2:39 PM EDT
Apparently everybody wants them some Travis Diener. At least somebody does. I don’t get it either, I just report the facts.
The facts are that Diener has missed most of this season with a foot injury and has played in just four games for the Pacers. He came back from injury to find rookie A.J. Price had taken up his minutes, and Price has a lot more future potential so he gets the run and Diener got waived. Diener got to sit and watch the Kiss-Cam on the jumbotron.
However, it was almost instantly reported that Portland would pick him up. Portland has plenty of good guards — Andre Miller and Jerryd Bayless will still get all the minutes at the point. But the Blazers are also spooked about injuries, so Diener comes on board to serve as insurance if one of them gets hurt. Ridiculous Upside questions the move, saying why not go with youngster (and Washington product) Will Conroy. Diener is a vet, he could solidly fill in minutes, he doesn’t turn the ball over and used to be able to shoot (we have no idea if he still can). But upside is right here, you go with the guy who has more of a future.
But in the short term, he gets to watch the Kiss Cam in Portland.
- PBT Extra: Will anyone step up and be third scorer for Cavaliers in Game 2? 8
- Doc Rivers on whether Chris Paul plays in Game 2 vs. Rockets: ‘Right now, I just don’t think so’ 3
- Tony ‘First Team All-Defense’ Allen and Mike ‘Masked Assassin’ Conley lead Grizzlies to Game 2 win over Warriors 18
- Hawks unimpressive, but pull away late for Game 2 win over Wizards 6
- Mike Conley playing Game 2 against Warriors tonight 0
- John Wall out for Wizards-Hawks Game 2 tonight 3
- PBT Extra: Will Doc Rivers sit Chris Paul in Game 2? 0
- Tony Allen on MVP Stephen Curry: “It ain’t nothing I ain’t never seen before” 23