Mar 1, 2010, 2:13 PM EDT
Michael Jordan is the kind of owner who can just stroll into practice and have a little fun. That’s what he did Monday.
The new — well, technically soon-to-be, the lawyers are still “earning” their $800 an hour on this — owner of the Charlotte Bobcats strolled in to watch his team at shoot around today.
Then, afterward he took on rookie Gerald Henderson in a game of HORSE. A little North Carolina vs. Duke rivalry action. The problem for Jordan (aside he was wearing jeans) is that it went a lot like the Blue Devil and Tar Heel seasons so far — Henderson won. Twice.
Henderson, do they teach you nothing at Duke? Never beat the boss in golf. Or HORSE. That is how you end up suddenly becoming the only player not on the team charter flights. Enjoy the bag of pretzels while cramming your 6’5″ legs into the back row of the Southwest airlines flight cross-country. Never mind that screaming child in the next seat.
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 4
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 41
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3