Mar 1, 2010, 2:13 PM EST
Michael Jordan is the kind of owner who can just stroll into practice and have a little fun. That’s what he did Monday.
The new — well, technically soon-to-be, the lawyers are still “earning” their $800 an hour on this – owner of the Charlotte Bobcats strolled in to watch his team at shoot around today.
Then, afterward he took on rookie Gerald Henderson in a game of HORSE. A little North Carolina vs. Duke rivalry action. The problem for Jordan (aside he was wearing jeans) is that it went a lot like the Blue Devil and Tar Heel seasons so far — Henderson won. Twice.
Henderson, do they teach you nothing at Duke? Never beat the boss in golf. Or HORSE. That is how you end up suddenly becoming the only player not on the team charter flights. Enjoy the bag of pretzels while cramming your 6’5″ legs into the back row of the Southwest airlines flight cross-country. Never mind that screaming child in the next seat.
- Monday night NBA Grades: DeMarcus Cousins was in beast mode 0
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 3
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 3
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 17
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 2
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)