Mar 1, 2010, 2:13 PM EDT
Michael Jordan is the kind of owner who can just stroll into practice and have a little fun. That’s what he did Monday.
The new — well, technically soon-to-be, the lawyers are still “earning” their $800 an hour on this — owner of the Charlotte Bobcats strolled in to watch his team at shoot around today.
Then, afterward he took on rookie Gerald Henderson in a game of HORSE. A little North Carolina vs. Duke rivalry action. The problem for Jordan (aside he was wearing jeans) is that it went a lot like the Blue Devil and Tar Heel seasons so far — Henderson won. Twice.
Henderson, do they teach you nothing at Duke? Never beat the boss in golf. Or HORSE. That is how you end up suddenly becoming the only player not on the team charter flights. Enjoy the bag of pretzels while cramming your 6’5″ legs into the back row of the Southwest airlines flight cross-country. Never mind that screaming child in the next seat.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 24
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 9
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 69
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30