Mar 1, 2010, 11:47 AM EST
Let’s see just how desperate some teams are for an extra big man down the stretch.
Marc Stein is twittering the Minnesota Timberwolves have waived Mark Blount today, freeing him in time so that another team can pick him up and have him on their playoff roster.
Blount is a seven-foot, 230 pound big body, a 33-year-old veteran. And a lot of teams are looking for a veteran big to add to their roster.
But they are truly desperate if they reach for Blount. He has not played a single game for Minnesota this season. He played in just 20 for Miami last season and never set foot on the court in the playoffs. Blount offers little or no value at this point in his career. But somebody is going to pick him up at the pro-rated veteran’s minimum on the off chance he can help. It’s not a big expense, and if you’re desperate, why not.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 4
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 11
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 10
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 26
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 8
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10