Mar 1, 2010, 11:47 AM EDT
Let’s see just how desperate some teams are for an extra big man down the stretch.
Marc Stein is twittering the Minnesota Timberwolves have waived Mark Blount today, freeing him in time so that another team can pick him up and have him on their playoff roster.
Blount is a seven-foot, 230 pound big body, a 33-year-old veteran. And a lot of teams are looking for a veteran big to add to their roster.
But they are truly desperate if they reach for Blount. He has not played a single game for Minnesota this season. He played in just 20 for Miami last season and never set foot on the court in the playoffs. Blount offers little or no value at this point in his career. But somebody is going to pick him up at the pro-rated veteran’s minimum on the off chance he can help. It’s not a big expense, and if you’re desperate, why not.
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 15
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 4
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 32
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 21