Mar 1, 2010, 11:47 AM EDT
Let’s see just how desperate some teams are for an extra big man down the stretch.
Marc Stein is twittering the Minnesota Timberwolves have waived Mark Blount today, freeing him in time so that another team can pick him up and have him on their playoff roster.
Blount is a seven-foot, 230 pound big body, a 33-year-old veteran. And a lot of teams are looking for a veteran big to add to their roster.
But they are truly desperate if they reach for Blount. He has not played a single game for Minnesota this season. He played in just 20 for Miami last season and never set foot on the court in the playoffs. Blount offers little or no value at this point in his career. But somebody is going to pick him up at the pro-rated veteran’s minimum on the off chance he can help. It’s not a big expense, and if you’re desperate, why not.
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 0
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 16
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 58
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 82
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5