Mar 1, 2010, 11:47 AM EDT
Let’s see just how desperate some teams are for an extra big man down the stretch.
Marc Stein is twittering the Minnesota Timberwolves have waived Mark Blount today, freeing him in time so that another team can pick him up and have him on their playoff roster.
Blount is a seven-foot, 230 pound big body, a 33-year-old veteran. And a lot of teams are looking for a veteran big to add to their roster.
But they are truly desperate if they reach for Blount. He has not played a single game for Minnesota this season. He played in just 20 for Miami last season and never set foot on the court in the playoffs. Blount offers little or no value at this point in his career. But somebody is going to pick him up at the pro-rated veteran’s minimum on the off chance he can help. It’s not a big expense, and if you’re desperate, why not.
- Bulls ride hot start, strong shooting night to Game 1 win in Cleveland 16
- Chris Paul out for Game 1 of Clippers-Rockets series 1
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry is the MVP for a modern NBA 13
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Previews: Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Chicago Bulls 6
- PBT Extra: Can Jimmy Butler have success slowing LeBron James? 3
- PBT Extra: Dwight Howard, DeAndre Jordan matchup key part of Clippers vs. Rockets 2
- Stephen Curry wins MVP with 100 of 130 first-place votes, but James Harden closest second place in four years 22
- PBT Second Round Playoff Preview: Los Angeles Clippers vs. Houston Rockets 10