Mar 1, 2010, 10:45 PM EST
LeBron James is good to his word.
James said earlier in the season that he would change his number (#23) out of respect for Michael Jordan after he entered the Hall of Fame. Tonight Brian Windhorst reports that James has filed for that change to be effective next season.
James is switching to #6, which was his Olympic number and the day his first son was born.
James won’t benefit directly from the sales, but it does kind of suck for the millions and millions of Cleveland fans that bought his #23 jersey. Of course, it won’t be as big of a problem if it’s for a different city…
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 2
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 1
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 5
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 25
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 24
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)